Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2013, 12:59 AM   #7791 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

What do you mean by "hard"? EEs are no more difficult to breed then normal bettas.

Short bodies aren't new. Here's the most extreme example I've seen, and no, this wasn't edited. I'm not even including the photo of her in the spawn tank, but I can post it if you want.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  27.5 KB
I share veggiegirl's view, there's no need to kill a healthy, fully functioning fish. It should, however, NEVER be bred.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:52 AM   #7792 
millersrepairshop

millersrepairshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:05 AM   #7793 
beautiful Betta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
What do you mean by "hard"? EEs are no more difficult to breed then normal bettas.

Short bodies aren't new. Here's the most extreme example I've seen, and no, this wasn't edited. I'm not even including the photo of her in the spawn tank, but I can post it if you want.
Attachment 236138
I share veggiegirl's view, there's no need to kill a healthy, fully functioning fish. It should, however, NEVER be bred.
I hope you all didn't think that I meant kill them when I said nip it in the bud, I just meant breeders wouldn't go down that avenue of trying to breed them if they couldn't sell them.
beautiful Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #7794 
SorcerersApprentice

Quote:

Attachment 236138
My goodness o.O
SorcerersApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #7795 
snowflake311

I don't normaly like dT but this guy looks really nice.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1383063143
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #7796 
Viva

Quote:

Attachment 236138

That's just freaky O_O
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #7797 
FishyFishy89

That is freaking scary. But surly such a harsh change on the body will have a dramatic affect on digestion, development, swimming, etc. It certainly wouldn't make a healthy fish in my opinion.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #7798 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah to me that is not a healthy fish. There's no way such a deformed body couldn't have some negative impact on the internal organs.

I wonder how long that above fish lived for. I don't even know how everything even functions properly in such a small space.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #7799 
Chard56

The only organ affected by the shorter body would be the swim bladder, everything else is right under them in the abdomen. In some strains the egg sack would be a little shorter but many of my Crowntail females carry thier eggs low in the abdomen anyway. Not that I think it's ok. I think they look horrible and could only be spawned if the females have the short body. Males with short bodies cannot wrap the female properly so I don't see how a strain of "Balloon" Bettas could even be possible. These are just a few deformed ones that certain breeders are trying make look special only to sell them.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #7800 
PetMania

Quote:

Attachment 236138

I hope that fish isn't suffering
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this