Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #7931 
Kithy

Yeah Linda was awesome and answered all my questions :D It really IS simple though confusing at first. I'm so excited for my little guy to get here. I'll probably set up the tank in a couple of days (its too crappy and cold to drive out right now). Anything I should have on hand? I have AQ salt and I'll be getting a 5g tank, heater, thermometer, filter and light for the tank. Going to seed from one of my already cycled tanks but I'm not sure if I need to have anything on hand medicine wise.

And acclimation... I was gonna do the 1 tbs of tank water into his bag or a cup every hourish but I'm not sure how long I should do that. I wanna take it really slow :X
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #7932 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kithy View Post
And acclimation... I was gonna do the 1 tbs of tank water into his bag or a cup every hourish but I'm not sure how long I should do that. I wanna take it really slow :X
that's a loooong time to be acclimating. Technically they're already acclimated to US water. When Linda or other transshippers get the fish in, they change their water so therefore already set on US water. An hour or two is really all you need, use 1/2 cup of tank water every 10-15 minutes. You can also use the drip acclimation. Take an airline tube, stick one end into the tank and take the other end and tie it in two knots. Suck on end to get suction going and adjust drop flow from there, 3-4 drops every second is great!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #7933 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBanana View Post
Oh dear. :( The 22nd is bad timing because...well trying to get anything anywhere on time after the 22nd is basically impossible up here.
You can pick up the fish if you are close enough to Hung and his people. I don't know exactly where he is but somewhere in Toronto I believe. But email him to see if you can get your fish earlier and just pick him up or something.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #7934 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Drip acclimation is generally recognized as the least risky.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #7935 
DBanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
You can pick up the fish if you are close enough to Hung and his people. I don't know exactly where he is but somewhere in Toronto I believe. But email him to see if you can get your fish earlier and just pick him up or something.
Ohhh, hot diggity, so am I. If he is anywhere in the Greater Toronto Area I'd totally show up at his door red-faced and out of breath.
DBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #7936 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBanana View Post
Ohhh, hot diggity, so am I. If he is anywhere in the Greater Toronto Area I'd totally show up at his door red-faced and out of breath.
lol, you don't actually deal with him though. It's usually one of his helpers or something. In fact, I don't think anyone has actually seen Hung himself haha.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #7937 
DBanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
lol, you don't actually deal with him though. It's usually one of his helpers or something. In fact, I don't think anyone has actually seen Hung himself haha.
Is this like how no one has ever seen Clark Kent and Superman together?
DBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #7938 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol yeah, pretty much.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #7939 
Kithy

Alright, I'll read up on the drip method. Hadn't realized how expensive shipping was gonna be for one fishy. Husband is not happy lol
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #7940 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Heh...yeah, that's why most people will buy multiple fishies so it seems like you're saving money which you are technically lol. But if you don't have room for more fishes and what not, yeah probably not the best idea

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this