Old 05-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

Both are beautiful.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:08 AM   #12 
lessandler

looking to get a pet opaque white

I am looking to get a opaque white or platinum white or aquabid and there is one I am interested in but it does appear to have some slight clouding over one of the eyes (and it does not show the other eye). It is currently 4.5 months old. Will this fish have difficulty with his vision, and if so will it hamper his ability to feed properly and will it get worse with age? This is not in inexpensive fish by any means so I like to think that it is not handicapped.

I am not looking to breed, but posting here because you guys seem the most knowledgeable in this arena.

Thanks!
lessandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:52 AM   #13 
DarkMoon17

I have found that eye clouding can get worse with age, and if it is on one eye it is probably in the other too. If it is serious, it can basically blind them. One of my opaque girls seems to have trouble seeing and has lost weight so I'll have to give her special treatment to make sure she gets enough food and etc. She was fine a few months ago, but it appears that the clouding has spread-either that or she has popeye but it is very hard to tell with them.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote