Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #1 
laughing

What is your favorite fin type/color/pattern?

I posted this in the breeding section and no one responded, so I'll post in here. If anyone can tell me how to delete the other one, it'd be much appreciated!

Anyways, I want to try my hand at breeding, but if I do I would like to know I'd have homes to send them out to. I'm trying right now to legally ship the fish, so anyone in the U.S. I'd be happy to give you fry! Anyone anywhere else in the world, still comment!!

If I were to breed, what would you guys want? I'd be buying a whole new pair for this, so anything you guys want!

The fry would be decently cheap as well since it is my first time and it is more about gaining the experience than anything. Also, I probably won't spawn until autumn or so, I definitely don't have time or commitment over summer.

Thanks!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #2 
YoshesMom

i like Dalmation and butterfly and...everything
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #3 
RiverStoneBetta

I'm not in the market for a new betta right now (I'm at my self-imposed limit) but I love Cambodian crowntails. And I rarely ever see them, but I LOVE half-suns. And ever since Fafnir, I've been bitten by Dragon craze too.
RiverStoneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #4 
Arashi Takamine

I think my favorite are crowntails. My two crowntails are my babies. I love VT's and other tail types but my CT's are so sweet.

I don't have a favorite color or pattern to a betta as long as their healthy. Akira's the usual dark blue but with a deep orange wash and some violet. (If he lets his rays grow back.) And Kai is a reddish brown color, with ice blue on his dorsal fin and tail. Definietly adore Double Ray CT's though.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #5 
iheartmybettas

Used to be HMs but the tailbiting drives me up the wall. My crowntails (my husbands favorites) look amazing though since their rays are getting really long and they are steadily becoming my favorite. My favorite by far are Giant HMPKs. I have 1 and want more as usual. Lol! I don't really have a favorite color since all bettas are beautiful. I do really like orange and yellow though.
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #6 
Nymmers

Halfmoons and HMPKs are my favorite.

Koi, Marble or Butterfly markings are my favorite, even though they're totally random!

As for colors anything is cool, but black/red/white seem to get me the most
Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #7 
CyerRyn

I have only been a Betta owner for about 5mo. and I still haven't chosen my favorite. Their all adorable to me! I like looking for different tails than I can normally find. Like when I found Brownie (my HMPK) he was the first one I ever seen at any fish stores around here and I haaaad to have him, but I can't really say I have a favorite for sure.
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:53 AM   #8 
laughing

I love HMPKs, too!! My boy is my absolute favorite. I wanted to pick up all the HMPKs from my local PetCo... LOL.

CTs seem to be pretty popular... I'm getting my 4 (or 5?) ray CT next week. He's 7th generation copper line. His father is stunning. My boy is a gold CT though, they have the red in them. Some have marbling shown up in them, which my boy might possibly have, I've yet to see him in person.

Should I post pictures?? See if he should be the one??

I'm thinking maybe I'll breed that male, and then a HMPK. Because then I'll get HMPKs and HMs and people seem to like both... I know HMPKs are kind of hard to sell. But if I could get one with really striking colors & good patterns then do you guys think they'd sell?? I know HMs go in a heart beat, but HMPKs are trickier....
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:42 AM   #9 
kif3

halfsuns and rosetails are my favourite ^^, i love seeing interesting colours on bettas or colour combos ^^
kif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Halfmoons. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote