Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #1 
Tangeh

New betta boy :3 Finrot, or is it just his colouring?

My poor old betta Alphie died last week :( Not sure entirely why, but he had sbd for about a month, then he just got worse and passed. :P

So, I cleaned out everything in his tank, and yesterday I picked up a new guy. It was between him and this cute little pink veiltail, but the pink one had this awesome 8 gallon to swim around in, and I'd feel bad leaving this guy in the tiny jar! Haven't thought of a name yet.

I think he's a bi-coloured veiltail? Not sure. He has some blue markings on him too, they come out as a kind of shiny effect, but you can't see the effect of them in pictures. I tried to get pics, but most of them looked like this because he's freaking curious lol.

I'm not that great with a camera, but I tried. He has a bit of black around his tailfin, but I'm not sure if it's mild fin rot or the way it's coloured (it doesn't look torn or anything, just a bit darker). You can kind of see it here:

Some more pictures:

Tangeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #2 
newfiedragon

oooooooo...pretty colouring!
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #3 
Tangeh

Thanks! :) I'm thinking of naming him Cortez... when I was in grade 10 I had to do a powerpoint presentation on Cortes, and I made the slides the same colour as my new betta! ...Needless to say, red and dark red didn't show up very well on top of each other and I got points off LOL (only a bit though, I got a 95% on the whole thing ;D) but it reminded me!

And sorry for the giant pictures, I didn't realize they were that big haha.
Tangeh is offline   Reply With Quote