Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #1 
Samsvalleybettas

New Otos

Late saturday night I lost ryu one of my male bettas, so on sunday I removed the dividers in my tank and decided that I would only have the one betta, Romeo, and try a 20g community tank. So monday I went and got 2 otos from our lps. So far they are doing very well. They had been in the lps for a couple weeks and from all my research that is the time to get them. Romeo has been much more active with them in there also, he just loves to lay near them and watch whatever they are doing. I will get some pics as soon as I can.
Samsvalleybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #2 
ollief9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsvalleybettas View Post
Late saturday night I lost ryu one of my male bettas, so on sunday I removed the dividers in my tank and decided that I would only have the one betta, Romeo, and try a 20g community tank. So monday I went and got 2 otos from our lps. So far they are doing very well. They had been in the lps for a couple weeks and from all my research that is the time to get them. Romeo has been much more active with them in there also, he just loves to lay near them and watch whatever they are doing. I will get some pics as soon as I can.
Get a few more Ottos. They like to be in groups.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #3 
ollief9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsvalleybettas View Post
Get a few more Ottos. They like to be in groups.
And get some pictures ASAP. I want to see them.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #4 
ollief9

Sorry. My computer is being stupid again, hence the two posts. I'll give it a good thump and see if that helps...
Old 05-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #5 
Samsvalleybettas

I will be getting some more when they get another shipment in. I bought the last 2 they had.
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #6 
shinybetta

Nice! I would recommend getting 4-6. Are they taking prepared foods yet? Often otto's find it hard to adjust to prepared food.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:47 AM   #7 
Erin8D

Awesome! Like everyone else is saying, I'd add another two ottos! And if Romeo isn't aggressive (which I'm guessing he is not if he likes the ottos) I'd go for a small school of mosquito rasbora and some type of corry! Gah, I envy you and your large tank X)
Erin8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #8 
Samsvalleybettas

They are eating baby spinach leaves, algea wafers, any algea on the tank, and I have a 3 day vacation feeder in there because that was all they were feeding them in the lps so I got some incase they wouldn't eat anything else. My stocking plans for the tank when it is done are 4 ottos, 5 of some kind of danio or 5 of some kind of tetra. I can't find any small corrys here and I can't order any fish online because even if they are sent overnight we won't get them for like 2 days because we live out in the midddle of no where Oregon, and I don't want to kill fish just to find out if they could make it.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #9 
Blaze54

That sounds like you'll have a cool set-up! PICS
Blaze54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #10 
Samsvalleybettas

Here is the tank right now. I have 6 amazon swords, 4 wisteria, and 2 Java ferns, the 2 ottos, and Romeo. The first pic is the whole tank, the lines are the aquarium sealant that was used to put in the dividers, however I decided that even though it is kinda ugly I didn't want to tear the tank down and start over. The next 2 are of each side, then a closer up of the smaller of the 2 ottos, then because Romeo decided he needed some taken a couple of him. He just loves the phone every time I go over to the tank with it to take pics he comes over and flares at me.
Attached Images