Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #1 
Ragdoll

Aqueon Mini Bow Help, Please.

I bought an aquarium today for my new betta: a 2.5 gallon Aqueon Mini Bow. It looks great, but I'm having trouble setting up the filter. Several pieces were loose in the box, and they weren't mentioned in the instructions. Every time I think I have it figured out, something doesn't work.

I'm sorry if this is a noobish question or has been answered before. :/ I just want to get my betta out of his bowl as soon as possible, and I can't figure this out on my own.

Here are the parts and the bottom part of the filter body. Please help?
Ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #2 
Nymmers

The biggest part looks like the intake, and the medium sized looks like the knob to adjust the flow. Sadly I'm not sure, the other two I've never seen before, I think you might want to take it back where you bought them and ask them to exchange for a filter that is already put together/not broken?
Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #3 
Ragdoll

Thanks for replying so quickly!

Yeah, I'm probably going to call up the store tomorrow and ask about it. Sadly, there was only one other on the shelf, but maybe I could just buy a different filter and put it in there... ?
Old 05-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #4 
Nymmers

I would explain to them it came in the box in pieces, and the instructions said nothing about the particular pieces, tell them you'd like to exchange it for the same one or one of the same value (that works) then return the old one, they should be ok with that.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:37 PM   #5 
Ragdoll

Ooh, that's true. Thank you.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #6 
Nymmers

They gave you something faulty they should replace it! Haha. lol.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #7 
kathstew

Do you know what the make of the filter is? Sometimes if you look the make up in google, the full instructions will come up. I did that with my filter, and I found the full instructions on how to put the filter pieces together.
Good luck!
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #8 
JKfish

even if you don't have the filter up and running, you can still put your betta in his larger tank. You should do this especially if his larger tank has a heater and his bowl doesn't. I doubt he'll mind very much if he has to go without a filter for a day or two.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #9 
Ragdoll

@kathstew: It seems to be their own type of filter, but I'm searching, anyway. Thanks for the tip.

@JKfish: Yeah, I'm probably going to put him in, anyway, and let him enjoy the extra space and heater until I can figure this out. Thanks!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:28 AM   #10 
Pandora

I just bought an Aqueon Mini Bow 2.5, and the filter was entirely intact - there were no loose parts whatsoever. You definately need to exchange yours for a new one.
Pandora is offline   Reply With Quote