Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #11 
JKfish

14 days of high temps, 1 to 2 tsps of salt per gallon, and 100% daily water changes should do it. :) Any tubberware will do that is roughly 1/2 a gallon or 1 gallon. If you want to make double sure it'll be safe, check the bottom for the number in the middle of the little recycle symbol. It should be exactly 5.

If you keep up with the water changes, he should be fine by the end of the 14th day. If not, let us know and we can go from there. :)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #12 
seljic

He is looking so much better, even this morning! The noticeable spots are already gone (!?) and he is swimming around quite a lot.

One question (unrelated to Ich): Vito (new dude) seems to be particularly reserved. He spends most of his time in the little cave I got him. I'm fine with this, but I am worried that this is not entirely normal. Cash is constantly in view, but then again he is also an exceptionally aggressive little fish.

Thanks again for all the help!
seljic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #13 
Stardancer

From what I hear, that's not abnormal at all. Some fish like hiding, others don't really care. But also Vito's new, so he's probably just getting used to his environment (including that giant PERSON who comes by and drops things in his tank ). He might be a shy fish, or he might just be shy until he gets to know you.
Stardancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #14 
JKfish

That's awesome~

As for vito,don't worry about him, unless he looks stressed and has clamped fins. The key to a betta's heart is his stomach... feed him enough and he'll warm up soon enough.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote