Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #1 
Samsvalleybettas

Talking Well I gave in

I was at wal-mart and they had just gotten new bettas in the day before. I saw an amazing red crowntail and I saved him. No name yet so if anyone has ideas they are welcome. He is in with Ryu my other male in a 20g divided, and half filled. They seem to be fine, not much flaring at all. This tank is really old and now I have a nice build up of minerals all over it, if anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of it I would be grateful so I could fill it all the way and have it be clean. You can really see how bad it is in the last picture.
Attached Images

Samsvalleybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #2 
Blaze54

"Big Red" haha
Blaze54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #3 
BettaBetty

Pretty guy! I was in walmart yesterday and their bettas were flithy and some had nearly no water in their BROWN water cups. I wrote on the little sticker lables FEED THE BETTAS and PLEASE CLEAN OUR CUPS! and posted them all over the rack where they keep the poor things. There "new" shipment was TINY little fry maybe... a couple months old for sale. and all the older almost dead ones in the back....

I did call a manager. Sick.
BettaBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:36 AM   #4 
masshiimarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBetty View Post
Pretty guy! I was in walmart yesterday and their bettas were flithy and some had nearly no water in their BROWN water cups. I wrote on the little sticker lables FEED THE BETTAS and PLEASE CLEAN OUR CUPS! and posted them all over the rack where they keep the poor things. There "new" shipment was TINY little fry maybe... a couple months old for sale. and all the older almost dead ones in the back....

I did call a manager. Sick.
omg i saw the exact same thing in our local petco. there were so many tiny tiny girls that were scared out of their wits and clamped so tightly. i swear they are not even considered fish (if you get what i mean), but more like fry! sigh.. and then i hear a group of teenage girls talking while looking at these fish and saying "oh id like to buy a girl and toss with my male, cuz then hey they can have babies!"... gosh the ignorance of some people...

but anyways, cute fish! glad its got a good owner, unlike the poor bettas still on the racks :D
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:30 AM   #5 
Samsvalleybettas

This was the first time I had ever gone in and the bettas looked bad at our wal-mart. They are mostly good about taking care of them. He was the only one that looked bad yesterday to, his cup had maybe an inch of water, it was cracked all down one side, and the water was a very nasty shade of green. Every other cup was full and clean, so I asked if they weren't done cleaning all the cups and they said they were. Why leave just one dirty and broken cup. I did notice that the girl that normal runs the pet/fish area was out, and I know she cleans and checks everybody daily. But on a good note He now has a name, Romeo. I was watching him and it just poped in my head.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:30 AM   #6 
Samsvalleybettas

Ok here is the new set up for Romeo and Ryu. I had to change so stuff around because Ryu figured out how to get under the old divider so I put in 2 and have the filter and heater in the middle. They both have a snail in with them, that I am watching for a friend. i am hoping to get some cherry shrimp and moss next time I get paid. Also a better pic of Romeo. He is a DDR CT, which I didn't find out till a couple days ago when he flaired for me.
Attached Images