Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #1 
laughing

Any good artists on here?

Hey all you ridiculously gifted people!

I wanted to get a present for my man. I thought getting a drawing/water color of us and frame it would be a great gift for him because it lasts forever. ^^

The picture is of us kissing & the background is the ocean. There is a small piece of the ocean showing, so anybody doing this I would like them to do it with more ocean scenery so you can actually tell.

Anybody interested? If someone here will do it for free that would be wonderful but because I want the actual copy, I am willing to pay a small fee as well. I think all of you are wonderful artists, but for this I need someone with experience and will do a stunning job. So please of you are a beginner, know you cannot do realistic people, or cannot free draw in a background do not request.

Thank you! C:
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #2 
BlueHaven

How much would you want to pay?
You do realize that drawing is not as easy as it seems?
It takes alot of work and time to make them, and for it to be really great, it's totally reasonable for someone to pay for it.
I'm not upset or anything, no reason to be!
Just wanted to say this because you said for free or a small pay.
It's true times are harder now, so people cannot spend much now days, and people are (I am!) definitely willing to do things for free.
But artists already work really hard at trying to sell their work, so if you want a great piece, you need to know this.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with what you are asking, just wondered if you really knew this.

I draw realistic (yet a bit animated) people, landscapes, and animals.
I'm still an amature, but have gotten really great at it!
It takes tons of work, and It took my 2 whole days, pretty much doing nothing else, to finish a pen and ink 18 by 24 landscape, and that was not totally detailed. If I was busier, it would take much longer.
Just want people to know these things!
I'm an artist trying to make my way, it's what I am best at, and I have to ask for money to sell my work most of the time, especially when things are harder.
I do want people to know that I love to help others, and randomly surprise others with free art, but without selling it, I wouldn't get anywhere. During tough times, I also want to make my prices lower.
I do not overly price my work, but I do not underprice it either.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #3 
smellsfishie

I am good at realistic drawing, but I would charge a fee. The above poster is right... artwork (quality) takes time and plus the cost of materials. I would say an 8x10 drawing should sell for no less than $50.. and even that is really generous of the artist. But I hope you find someone who will do it for you. Or, you could try drawing it. Even if you are no good at drawing, it would be a sweet sentiment.
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #4 
BlueHaven

Oh, when I said amature, I meant in some ways, as far as studying and furthering my skills of the parts that I find most difficult to me...
sorry how long the post was, lol
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #5 
laughing

Guys I am not looking for a professional or something insanely realistic! Haha! I think maybe I wordeit wrong?

I understand it takes a LOT of time and effort, trust me! I drew a portrait for him of him ad a Dragonball Z super saiyan character as his 18th bday present last year and it took me weeks to detail it right. It was all black and white but I didn't even have a photo it was strait memory. I did a Guku for him free handoff an image that took me 5 hours as pencil with shading... I get it!

There would be about 6 days to complete it and I am asking for it to be standard photo size with water color/marker like" bleeding" not every thing detailed, colored, and shaded to perfection. I don't want it to be blurry or really irregular but rather be seen as an obvious drawing of the replica.

The fee I could pay $10. Maybe$ 15 if I get paid this weekend. Again, I am looking for something more simple! Small, simple, colorful.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote