I purchased a Betta, and after reading about them I bought him a 2.5 gallon home with a heater. The day after I put him in his new home he took ill! I treated the water, so this shouldn't be an issue. I took a sample of the water to Petco for them to test, and they said that all the ranges were within normal. I bought some Microbe-Lift products to help start bacteria and then the one specific for nitrifying bacteria just in case.
But this morning I came in and his tail fin is split, and he can't seem to swallow any food like he used to be able to. His back right side is stuck out, like he has a lump under his skin, so I thought it might be swim bladder decease but the pictures of fish with it don't seem to match my fish. He doesn't have ich, and I don't see any other parasites on him.
Is there anything I can look for, what can I do to help him?