Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #11 
DeadMemories92

I'm not really sure of what to use, but here's a similar story:

When I first bought Waffle, I had him in a tiny 0.5 gallon split tank but I had the divider out to make it bigger until I got enough money to buy a bigger 10 gallon tank (which I have now). So anyways, I had him in the bathroom changing his water and had only had him for about 24 hours. So anyways, I got the water changed out and had him in his little 0.5 gallon tank and had picked it up to take him back to my room. The worst happened and the tank collapsed in between my hand (it didnt break) and the water, the tank, and Waffle all went flying into about a 4-5ft drop into the floor. Waffle landed in the lid of a toilet bowl brush cleaner (not inside it):

And he stopped moving. So I quickly grabbed the tank and ran some water and conditioned it quickly and took a piece of toilet paper and put him back in it. He then sunk to the bottom, lifeless so I had just KNOWN I had killed him but luckily, he came back to the top for air and just hovered at the bottom of the tank for a few hours. He's normal and happy now. x) Poor guy.

I hope your fish gets better. There's hope!! haha
DeadMemories92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #12 
bettalover2033

Well it looks like OFL has given you really good and affective info on how to deal with this problem. So if it was me i would do what she suggests and just give him some TLC also place him where you KNOW that the cats cant reach him.

Good luck and keep us posted.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #13 
Tikibirds

Poor fishie.

Luckily for me, my dog is AFRAID of the fish and the chinchilla.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #14 
bettalover2033

Haha! Is that the dog in your avatar? That picture is too cute!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #15 
JeanLuc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMemories92 View Post
I'm not really sure of what to use, but here's a similar story:

When I first bought Waffle, I had him in a tiny 0.5 gallon split tank but I had the divider out to make it bigger until I got enough money to buy a bigger 10 gallon tank (which I have now). So anyways, I had him in the bathroom changing his water and had only had him for about 24 hours. So anyways, I got the water changed out and had him in his little 0.5 gallon tank and had picked it up to take him back to my room. The worst happened and the tank collapsed in between my hand (it didnt break) and the water, the tank, and Waffle all went flying into about a 4-5ft drop into the floor. Waffle landed in the lid of a toilet bowl brush cleaner (not inside it):

And he stopped moving. So I quickly grabbed the tank and ran some water and conditioned it quickly and took a piece of toilet paper and put him back in it. He then sunk to the bottom, lifeless so I had just KNOWN I had killed him but luckily, he came back to the top for air and just hovered at the bottom of the tank for a few hours. He's normal and happy now. x) Poor guy.

I hope your fish gets better. There's hope!! haha
That kind-of sounds similar to what happend to my little JeanLuc a few weeks before I moved home from the dorm. I had the door to my dorm room open and all my friends were sitting outside in the hall when this happend. I was going to clean his bowl and had both his cleaning bowl and his regular bowl sitting right next to each other. So, I went into his regular bowl with the net and fished him out. I thought I had him over the other bowl and I went to put him in. He took a tumble onto my desk!!!!! I am afraid of touching him for some unexplained reason. So I tried to scoot him into his net, and he fell to the floor and landed on a receipt. I was already screaming bloody murder by this point. I ended up screaming my room-mates name extremely loudly and she ran in knowing that this was likely the only thing that would make me yell that loudly. While I was waiting for her to come in his eyes literally started going white. Thankfully he landed on the receipt cause she didn't have to use her nails to pick him up. After asking me which bowl he finally got into his bowl and I stopped freaking out. I was pretty shaken for about an hour.

I'm just so glad he's fine now. So, don't worry your little one will be fine besides the fact that he is probably pretty scared at the moment as a result of that cat.
JeanLuc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #16 
DeadMemories92

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLuc2 View Post
That kind-of sounds similar to what happend to my little JeanLuc a few weeks before I moved home from the dorm. I had the door to my dorm room open and all my friends were sitting outside in the hall when this happend. I was going to clean his bowl and had both his cleaning bowl and his regular bowl sitting right next to each other. So, I went into his regular bowl with the net and fished him out. I thought I had him over the other bowl and I went to put him in. He took a tumble onto my desk!!!!! I am afraid of touching him for some unexplained reason. So I tried to scoot him into his net, and he fell to the floor and landed on a receipt. I was already screaming bloody murder by this point. I ended up screaming my room-mates name extremely loudly and she ran in knowing that this was likely the only thing that would make me yell that loudly. While I was waiting for her to come in his eyes literally started going white. Thankfully he landed on the receipt cause she didn't have to use her nails to pick him up. After asking me which bowl he finally got into his bowl and I stopped freaking out. I was pretty shaken for about an hour.

I'm just so glad he's fine now. So, don't worry your little one will be fine besides the fact that he is probably pretty scared at the moment as a result of that cat.

Oh yes! I was so upset because I thought he was dead. He just dropped to the bottom without moving. haha I was like "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH S&!TTTTTT!"
DeadMemories92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #17 
Doberz

My cat likes to just stare at all my fish. I laughed pretty hard one time when my betta darted at her and she backed up really quick and started pawing her stomach thinking the fish was on her. lol
Doberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #18 
miyko

awehh my cat sleeps on the shelf under my tank she only ever watches my girls and then goes to sleep i think thats cause my filter sounds like a prring cat she gets relaxed by it im soo sorry that happened with your cat... i had a betta fall befor from an earth quake and luckily still made it i'll pray for your poor fishy!
miyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #19 
Creat

My dog is my problem the little trouble maker like to watch the fishes swim and if they stop and chill somewhere she will claw and bang on the tank to make them move.... needless to say im glad she is a smaller dog my fish live high off the floor.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #20 
JeanLuc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMemories92 View Post
Oh yes! I was so upset because I thought he was dead. He just dropped to the bottom without moving. haha I was like "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH S&!TTTTTT!"
That wasn't the first time that my little JeanLuc nearly died on me but it was the first time that he ever fell. Once when my room-mate and I were cleaning his bowl (she helped him move him between bowls for the first couple months) he actually flipped upside-down on us and totally freaked us out. He was back to his normal self in a few hours.
JeanLuc2 is offline   Reply With Quote