Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #1 
caitic10

Poor Little Suki....

I kept my female betta in a good sized tank. It was meant for hermit crabs but I assumed it would be fine for her. I put her in it with some gravel and a little plastic plant.

This morning I went to feed her and her water was all cloudy even when I cleaned it the night before! She looked sick, her colour was off and she was swimming on her side! I fed her, and she didn't seem to be eating.

I figured out it was the tank that caused the problem. My mom's betta fish was fed the same food as Suki, had the same gravel, had the same plant and his tank was cleaned just as often as Suki's. The tank was not meant to be full of water and the chemicals leeched in to the water.

Suki was removed from her tank, and was put in a clean glass pitcher with some conditioner. Her coloring is now almost normal she seems to be swimming normally. She is passing waste, which I hope is a good sign yet she still has stress stripes and doesn't seem quite as normal.

Is there anything I can do to help her? I've never had a fish get sick from this before so I'm not sure what to do. I feel so bad and stupid for putting her in that tank...... I want to make it up to her.
caitic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sorry for answering this so late. I would just jeep her in clean water and keep an eye on her. How is she now?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #3 
DarkMoon17

Exactly what type of tank was she in?

If you keep her tank nice an clean she should recover. If there is a change for the worst let us know. Good luck :)
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote