Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #1 
Akihabaragirl

Unhappy Help! Picky eater :<

Hi, I''m new to the site :3 I have a 2 year old male betta fish who is extremely picky with food, he only liked one kind of food of the 6 different types i bought for him but it seems that this betta food is not sold anymore in shops here and he won't eat the other kind of food. He chews on the food but then spits it out D: can someone tell me how can i make him eat the other food or give me any advice? I would appreciate it ^_^
Akihabaragirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum......need some more information.....

How big is the tank, how much and how often are the water changes, water temp, filter, live plants, additives used, how long have you had him, are both the Betta and tank new...what kind of food have you tried and what kind of food does he eat the best.....sometimes its not the food....sometimes it can be related to water quality and water temp.......

Do you have any fresh garlic?...if so, crush a clove and roll the pellet in the fresh garlic juice and see if he will eat the garlic laced food........ garlic can work as an appetite stimulant for fish......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #3 
Akihabaragirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Welcome to the forum......need some more information.....

How big is the tank, how much and how often are the water changes, water temp, filter, live plants, additives used, how long have you had him, are both the Betta and tank new...what kind of food have you tried and what kind of food does he eat the best.....sometimes its not the food....sometimes it can be related to water quality and water temp.......

Do you have any fresh garlic?...if so, crush a clove and roll the pellet in the fresh garlic juice and see if he will eat the garlic laced food........ garlic can work as an appetite stimulant for fish......
Well tis not a tank tis just a fishbowl o3o i change his water like twice a week, no plants, i've had him for around 2 years, and neither the tank nor the fish are new, i didn't change the tank's location either. I have tried micro pellets, pellets, granules, those black pellets and different brands of each. Since I brought him home he wouldn't eat those :/ Thanks for the tip of the garlic, I'll keep it in mind ^^
Akihabaragirl is offline   Reply With Quote