Old 05-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #31 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Diva Tank! LOL
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #32 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyCone View Post
maybe, but idk my tank is in my room with me but not as close as yours probably is, but my betta always goes psycho when I'm near his tank, when he was in his proper 10G, I cant even look at my snails or he will punch them or keep swimming near me to get my attention, maybe if you move his tank slightly farer from you ;V
You think maybe he wants attention? Hmm. I don't have any other fish for him to be jealous of, just cats . . . I stick my hand in his tank so he can swim around my fingers - he loves doing that. What else can I do to give him attention?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #33 
jeanclaudeasher

My bettas sleep....two of them sleep at the back of their tanks behind their decorations so I can't see them (which worries me if i dont see them for a while) and my third betta seems to sleep in random spots, I think he prefers the front of the tank at the bottom but if one of the kittens walk by when he is sleeping there they pounce at the glass and wake him up (dont worry there is no way for the kittens to get into the tank).
jeanclaudeasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #34 
Sakura8

My cat loves to stare at my betta and my betta loves to egg him on by swimming back and forth in front of the poor cat with his fins flaring. Finally, my cat can't stand it and starts to paw the glass and gets scolded (I'm afraid he'll scratch the glass). Maybe the cat is keeping my betta up at night?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #35 
Blaze54

All 4 of mine do. Blaze and Prince both lay on/in their little caves. It's kind of funny,Aquarius sleeps at the bottom and Sunrise sleeps at the top. At first this scared me(you know,new betta,I didn't know how he did things :P) And I thought he was dying! Haha nope,just attempting to sleep.
Blaze54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #36 
jeanclaudeasher

lol Well none of our cats have front claws so all they do when they paw at the glass is leave paw prints on the glass (I go through more glass cleaner that way). During the day my bettas do like to tease the kittens. The only thing the kittens aren't allowed to do with my 29 gallon tank is jump on top of it (I already have one set of claw marks in the wood top from someone not making the jump right >:( ) My other betta who is in a large critter keeper stays hidden behind some books unless I am in the room, I am worried that as the kittens grow up they will break the lid by laying on it soooo they can't play with him as much
jeanclaudeasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #37 
Echo

my cat is thoroughly fascinated by the boys.. she can't get to them (she refuses to jump straight to the counter.. she must have a step-progression, as jumping such distances is beneath her). at one point i had King Louie within reach, but all she did was hunker down and gaze at him. that's all. Louie would have it that she was simply dazzled by his splendor
Attached Images

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #38 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Of course... all Bettas are splendiforous! :)
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #39 
Echo

not Elvis.. he's faaaaabulous, darling..
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #40 
DeadMemories92

Yeah, they sleep. Mine are like children. When I turn off the lights to go to bed at night, they get in their hammocks placed near the top of the tank and stick their faces to the top of the water to breathe occasionally. Then when I get up, they get out of their hammocks and start their days! I love them. :) haha
DeadMemories92 is offline   Reply With Quote