Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #1 
orphansparrow

need help ASAP!

hello!

i am on my way to the post office to ship 2 bettas. i need to know if the hand warmers that you get from camping supply stores are the same as using the heat packs made specifically for shipping fish. (i thought they were, but now that i'm about to send them, i'm having doubts!)

p.s. because today is the only day i can get a ride to the p.o. i may have no other choice than to use what i have. of course, if someone here writes me and says absolutely not for some reason...then i'll not send them. also, i was going to wrap the handwarmer thing in many layers of newspaper so it wouldn't get too hot.

thanks so much!

Last edited by orphansparrow; 05-23-2011 at 01:32 PM.
orphansparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #2 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphansparrow View Post
hello!

i am on my way to the post office to ship 2 bettas. i need to know if the hand warmers that you get from camping supply stores are the same as using the heat packs made specifically for shipping fish. (i thought they were, but now that i'm about to send them, i'm having doubts!)

p.s. because today is the only day i can get a ride to the p.o. i may have no other choice than to use what i have. of course, if someone here writes me and says absolutely not for some reason...then i'll not send them. also, i was going to wrap the handwarmer thing in many layers of newspaper so it wouldn't get too hot.

thanks so much!
They are NOT. They're kind of dangerous when in a place with too much oxygen. Theyre meant to be like, in a glove or shoe, with no air. They either wont work, will get too hot, etc.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #3 
orphansparrow

ee! okay. i think you are right. it says it gets up to 100 F and lasts for 6+ hours. but, i will just send them overnight without the warmer and hope they are okay. =(

thank you.
orphansparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #4 
PewPewPew

Now that it's warmer, they probably will be okay. <3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote