Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #21 
copperarabian

I was about to change his water again since the pellets had sunk to the bottom and I didn't want ammonia to build up, but before I watched him and he ate a couple of pellets that had sunk. I dropped a fresh pellet near him and he tried to eat it but he still is still weak and kinda uncoordinated and kept missing, but he ate like 3 of the sunken pellets which where easier for him.

Should I try to give him more food later? or wait until tomorrow? I know that with humans too much food at once after not eating can make us sick....
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #22 
Punki

YAY! Thats great news :D
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #23 
copperarabian

While changing his water I took a better photo of him. the sun is getting low soit made nice light.

You can't really tell in this photo but he has a tiny bit of red in his tail

Old 05-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #24 
Punki

What a cute little face, its like hes smiling XD Very pretty, cant wait till hes all better for ya. What is his home going to be like?
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #25 
copperarabian

He will be in my 2.5g aquarium. Thats an old photo of it when I first got it, I kept one of the long leafed plants(in the pic 3 are grouped together), and put in Amazon Sword and 1 anacharis My Plakat is now in the divided area of my 48, and I put my king in the 15G so that tank is empty.

Last edited by copperarabian; 05-24-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:01 PM   #26 
ellie2

aw this poor guy :( I hope he makes it and I think he will!
ellie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #27 
DarkMoon17

Try feeding him 2 pellets or so 3-4 times per day. You do want to be careful not to feed him too much at once since he will get bloated easily. Do many, smaller meals. If you can get some frozen foods those would really help him put on weight. The more protein, the better.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #28 
Twilight Storm

I think it's great you brought him home and are nursing him back to health! :) He is a really nice looking Betta and I'm glad you're giving him a chance. He hung in there long enough for you to help him, so it proves he is a fighter.

I didn't see if you were soaking his pellets before he got them, I don't know if it would help, but if he is still pretty weak he might be able to eat them easier? I don't know if this would help though.

He is so skinny.. My heart goes out to him, and to you.
Best wishes
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #29 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoon17 View Post
Try feeding him 2 pellets or so 3-4 times per day. You do want to be careful not to feed him too much at once since he will get bloated easily. Do many, smaller meals. If you can get some frozen foods those would really help him put on weight. The more protein, the better.
I'll go buy some frozen blood worms tomorrow for him, and I gave him two more pellets just now and he swam right over and ate them within a minute :)

@Twilight Storm Thanks! I'm really happy too, I wish I could of saved the other two that where in the exact same shape as him.... poor things, I just don't have the funds or space to save them all.

Last edited by copperarabian; 05-24-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:25 AM   #30 
copperarabian

@Twilight Storm I wasn't soaking his pellets, the first time they had been sitting there for a while and were soaked already, the two I had giving him tonight weren't soaked. But I'll soak them from now on until he is stronger, thanks for bringing that up :)