Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #1 
PinkBetta264

Betta Addict

OMG I have gone from a FB addict to a Betta addict. I purchased my wally world rescue on Mothers Day. So then I made the mistake of stopping at Petsmart checking for Ghost Shrimp didn't find them but found 2 more beautiful boys in cups. One R/W/B VT and a R/W/B CT. So now they are in their QT waiting for my split 5gal. And the sad thing is, I already have my eye on an awesome looking midnight blue DT at another pet store(I'm hoping someone buys him b4 I head back to that end of town), have checked AB and could easily purchase a couple monster dragons. I'm going to have a house full of BETTAS and one big old cat who is very confused at the new house mates!!
PinkBetta264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:29 PM   #2 
Blaze54

Welcome to the forum. Haha I know how you feel. It started with 1...then 1 more...then 2 more!! There VERY addictive. We should put on top the site homepage: WARNING BETTAS ARE EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE One thing more....PICS
Blaze54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:32 PM   #3 
carzz

:)
That's sorta what happened with me.
I bought a box of fish eggs at my state fair 9/11/10, hatched them, SOOO CUTE!! (My Best Fish Friend BFF), Anyway, one by one, they died. So I got a second box for free, same thing happened, about two months later? No fish. So I go out, buy one fish. BENNY!!! Then I went back to petco, got him three goldfish. I had noo Idea that bettas and goldies couldn't go together for multi-reasons. Anyway, I then bought a few more goldies. they all died, so I bought LeRoy (lord bless this fish), who just passed. :( Due to gil issues and dropsy....
Anyway, I sorta just spun outta control after Leroy... I bought 8 more fish.... And I now have nine. :/
I love them all, but it's soo very strange to say 9, not 10....
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #4 
YoshesMom

uh.....I have....erm...*cough*34* cough* if your an addict im the president of the AA club for betta
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:06 AM   #5 
PinkBetta264

well, glad to see there are others and what a support group :) YoshesMom...34!! wow...thanks...working on pictures, my camera is old, and no flash on my phone :( ...hmm maybe I should invest in a new camera or phone...nah that would cut into my betta money!
PinkBetta264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:38 AM   #6 
Arashi Takamine

Heheheh I find myself spiraling down that same path. First it was writing, then it was ball-jointed dolls (still in that hobby) now its betta's. I am majorly addicted to bettas I love their personalities. I'm actually hoping that once Akira get's upgraded I can use his old tank in my room and get another female. At Petsmart it's still all tropical fish for a buck...I might even see about talking my mom into buying another heater and a female for our kitchen since it's totally got enough space for a counter buddy. Or another small CT male. Goddess knows Kai's got my mom wrapped around his pecterals.

My plots are a plenty.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #7 
BettaGirl290

I had 7 but i don't wanna talk about it...........
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #8 
laughing

I read this forum and got addicted... Then I went to PetCo and fell for a female. Within a couple weeks I had a HMPK male. Shortly after than I purchased an AB male from Chard on here who is in the mail now!

It happens... Don't feel bad ;)

My limit is about 6 though. I want to have a 10 gallon split, and (3) 2.5 Minibows. Although, I might get a 5 gallon as well all for one lucky fish. ^^
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #9 
Littlebittyfish

I have 8... I am addicted..I love redecorating my tanks..It is alot of fun for me...I am contemplating...Nice piece of tree looking driftwood...or that new dress.....driftwood...or.....dress? ...i'm lame....iknow..
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #10 
Midnightx21

Bettas are very addicting!...even though I don't have one yet. LOL. But I'm working on it! :)
Midnightx21 is offline   Reply With Quote