Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #11 
laughing

That was what I have come to believe. During the day he is vibrant, after a couple hours after dark, totally pale& blue eyes. When I put in AQ salt her gained color. Perhaps he does get stressed feeling" lonesome".

ON A MUCH MORE SERIOUS NOTE! He has white, not straight white like soft white, poop! He is very active, eating wonderfully, I have had him one month no symptoms at all. I have never visualized his feces before. Could this be normal, or should I take steps to treat for parasites???

I tried taking pictures but they all came out blurry. So I put him in his water change cup to see about better pictures but the poop is gone and has not produced any more.

Please people? ;/
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #12 
DarkMoon17

Well....... white feces is usually a sign of internal parasites, but if he isn't losing weight or acting strangely (darting, scratching, lethargic) I'd hold off on treatment. If you think you have his nightly stressing diagnosed as loneliness then that would be a separate issue.... You can treat him as a precaution with Jungle's Anti Parasite pellets. They are pretty easy on the system...
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #13 
laughing

I am trying to give him a pea tonight as it is possible the pellets are starting to cause bloat in him.

He is darting around, but not insanely. About his normal amount. I think I might keep his tank warm with AQ salt and see how he does.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote