Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #21 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzz View Post
your live fruit flies, where do you buy them?
And strange.... SOmehow, Gnats always fly into kalifa's tank, and she never eats them....
I got a culture of wingless fruit flies from petco for like $10, they're supposed to have enough food to reproduce for like 3-5 weeks. my store had them near the registers, but think they could be in reptile section as well
one of mine just stares at me and ignore the flies, other boys took a bit to figure them out but seem to enjoy them now. my little girl is willing to at least attempt to eat just about anything, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #22 
RayneForhest

Quote:
your live fruit flies, where do you buy them?
And strange.... SOmehow, Gnats always fly into kalifa's tank, and she never eats them....
Last night, I had the lamp over Ms. Fishy Fishy's tank trying to take pictures of her eggs... I had the outside door open because the weather was both awesome and threatening... so some bugs flew in. A few of them landed in her tank. She nibbled a bit... but otherwise left them alone.

Are fruit flies more palatable?
RayneForhest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #23 
Tisia

Quote:
I feed mine freeze dried more then once a week. like every otherday, but that's not their entire meal.
apparently they lose most of their nutrition during the freeze drying process, so it's more of a treat than an actual healthy food. I'm guessing you haven't had issues with it causing bloating, but that's supposed to be more likely with freeze dried as well
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #24 
carzz

Well I'm stopping at a petsmart tonight.... I'll see what live food they have. :)
I can think of the few fishys that WILL eat them :)
Kalifa is not one of them
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #25 
stinkypete

i just recently bought frozen blood worms, not freeze dried, and my betta loves them.. normally feed him BettaMin flake food and for some reason he seems to not like it more and more .. idk
stinkypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:18 PM   #26 
carzz

I did have an issue with bloating, BEFORE I knew that they were more of a treat then good food. I gave them a pea, and it worked swell. I then switched to pellets and flakes. I've always been a fan of the forzen baby brine shrimps though... :)
But now, I feed them once a day, at like, 10 pm. They get 4 or 5 pellets and 1 or 2 worms. :) They are happy.
But if they don't eat all their pellets, they don't get the worms.
I feed them pellets according to how much they normally eat.
And after dessert, if they are still looking for food, they get two more pellets.
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote