Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #21 
LeroyTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJets View Post
I also like Marimo moss balls. They look so cool and they even roll around on their own occasionally! Isn't that freaky???
I decided a couple months ago that I wanted moss, but would just wait to see some in one of the shops. Still haven't seen any, probably wont. So, I'm getting some java moss off of ebay in a few days.

But, a few weeks ago I saw some balls of moss (shop assistant didn't know what type it was, might have been marimo balls....)(and I would have gotten a couple, but they were about $15 EACH) but they were just floating mid-water! Reminded me of mines in the ocean! Would be neat to see where these sorts of moss balls decide to go each day... "hmm, a bit cold. I'll go near the heater". lol Or the fish can have a game of Moss Ball... first fish to push his moss ball to the other side wins!
LeroyTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #22 
nowzem

Are banana plants easy to keep, Pew? (I had a beagle who recently passed...anyways, when you said" pew..pewpewpew"and pointed your finger at her, she would go all crazy and run around like mad and your name reminds me of her <3)

I love the bananas :) heehee.
nowzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #23 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowzem View Post
Are banana plants easy to keep, Pew? (I had a beagle who recently passed...anyways, when you said" pew..pewpewpew"and pointed your finger at her, she would go all crazy and run around like mad and your name reminds me of her <3)

I love the bananas :) heehee.

Yeah, they just sit there, lookin all derp and cute. I use fertilizer and a decent bit of light and they like it. Lower maintenance, but they dont like too strong of a current. You kinda...sit them...on the gravel (no marbles/barebottom) and they root out in a day or two. Creepy white roots, but its cute in a way.

The tubers on the bottom, the nanas, cant be buried completely.

Id recommend :BBB
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:12 PM   #24 
laughing

A PetCo, 3 PetSmarts, and a fish store later I came home with;

(2) baby wendtti, (1) corkscrew val, (1) bunch of java moss, and (1) large bunch of moneywort for$ 15 ;3

I also came home with (1) dead AB fish. Yaaaay.... Ironically, I no longer need the plants... I will see about a live guarantee to see about a new male, though. God this fish is gorgeous...
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:14 PM   #25 
PewPewPew

I sorries...I saw that :c The water was hot right? Did it have a heat pack? it may have malfunctioned. Also, if it does, check it wasnt a handwarmer...you never know. (Theyre different)
Old 05-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #26 
laughing

No heat pack. Nope. Just my usual temp in this area. It was over a 100* today... the water was so ridiculously warm. Chard and I discussed, next time more water, more insulation, cooler day. Maybe even ship the fish to the post office instead?
Old 05-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #27 
PewPewPew

That might be good, was it on your doorstep?! D:

I sorries, though. Chard's good with that sort of stuff, so Im sure it'll be fine.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #28 
laughing

Yeah, he is always so patient with me.

No, mailbox. And im so pissed. I had a package a couple hours earlier thinking it was him that I had to pick up from the apartment office. Like c'mon, why didn't my fish get put in there, rather a metal mailbox on a 100* day?!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #29 
PewPewPew

Im so sorry!! :c Next time things will be better :D <3
Old 05-26-2011, 12:28 AM   #30 
laughing

I will post pics of all the plants in the morning!! So keep an eye out (: the tank turned out gorgeous.