Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #1 
1fish2fish

Randoms and Rescues and Kittys

I was uploading pics to my computer so I figured I'd do a fishy pic update.

First off... the kittens. (I'm aware they're not fish but I'm too lazy to dig up the other thread). I've decided the one I want is a striped female.. her name is Alice (yes after the Twilight vampire and no you can't tease me about it haha). Their eyes started opening over easter weekend but all my pics are too blurry (hard to hold a wriggly kitten and take pics yourself LOL).. these are some my mom posted to facebook today...

I don't know why they are sideways...
In front.. Alice in back "Pretty".. my 3yo nephew named her.. he loves her (which is amazing because he's scared of most everything)

Orange Boy.. I'm calling him Emmet.. my family is calling him Peaches.

The other two grey ones look pretty much like Alice. In total there are 3 girls (1 white and 2 grey) and 2 boys (1 orange and 1 grey).

Now onto the fish (I'll resize these for the dial up folks )

My crew..

Fish.. doing well. I'm getting a bracelet charm custom made to look like him.. I'll post pics this weekend when it arrives :)

Love his goldness..

Blue Jeans... He is by far my most photogenic fish.. I always get nice pictures of him.

Grr..

Freddie Mercury.. sporting his "Veiltails can be Plakats too!!!" look. If he's happy with it that way then I'm happy.

Jasper... finally coming into his own. PK are so fast! I can never get clear pictures of him or Phoebe.
Best pic I could get of his spread (he is supposed to be HMPK)

I thought this was a cool shot..

Chaos.. He's still a grump.. but he makes up for it in beauty. (disregard the ugly knee-high in the back.. its got peat pellets to help with his ray curling)

Now onto the rescues. I've had interest in everyone except Zippity Do Dah.. probably because I can't get good pics of her... she's a cutey.

Spots.. he's a pretty mellow yellow guy. He's got a very smooshed face and wide set eyes.. but he's cute. Besides tail damage there's not much wrong with him.. if it weren't for the fact I need shipping bags I'd give him away after he completes QT (about 2 weeks).

Big Red... What a sweetie. He has fin rot and also appears to have some sort of parasite (white poo).. he's the sickest one so far but has a very sweet personality.

Rosie.. Her color came back and she's sitting next to my bed. She's very sweet and I'm almost tempted to say I'm keeping her but I will only be keeping the fish that don't find homes.. and I know she'll find one.

The end. ... Ok.. I left out Demetri, Damon, Phoebe, and Zippity. but I couldn't get any good pics of them.. 8 out of 12 plus kittens is pretty good though LOL

If you want an update.
Demetri is good.. I'm working on him not getting so stressed when cupped.
Damon.. has a bad case of tail biting.
Phoebe.. I love her.. she's such a cute little thing.. always comes up to "talk" LOL
Zippity.. stripes like no ones business but has started to color up.. she looks like she'll be bluish/green when she grows up a bit.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #2 
xxabc

Ah! Twilight! I could totally tease you if I wanted...but Alice looks absolutely adorable (the blue eyes are killer...) in that picture, I may just have to let her and Emmet/Peaches go. Haha :) And Emmet/Peaches' color is to die for. He's adorable in orange! Never realized how cute orange cats were. Huh.

Ahhhh I see that curling in the fin. My current had one nearly as bad as that. The funny thing is, though...when he was tailbiting, he chewed off that end as well...and it grew back straight! Waddya know. Ha.

So nice of you to do rescues, they will definitely appreciate it... is it rescues from people or stores?
Old 04-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #3 
1fish2fish

Haha.. I only called the orange one Emmit because he is so big compared to the other kittens LOL. He's a very pretty boy.

The rescues are from Wal-mart (theres a thread about them in the betta chat section). Technically I guess they are "sympathy buys" but its shorter to say rescues.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

The kittens are so cute!! I love Emmit! The fish are pretty, too. lol I wasn't going to leave them out.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #5 
1fish2fish

I really like Emmit too.. I'd keep him too if I could. I just fell in love with Alice.. she is the only one that didn't cry when I picked her up and by the end of the weekend she would crawl towards the sound of my voice.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:26 PM   #6 
doggyhog

They are ALL so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! I love blue jeans. :)
Old 04-12-2010, 11:30 PM   #7 
1fish2fish

I do too.. I'm so glad I didn't let my roommate talk me into getting another fish besides Blue Jeans... he has turned out so beautifully. Honestly he doesn't have much personality.. he prefers to swim around than to play with me.. but I don't mind.. I like watching him swim around.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:09 AM   #8 
sstacy19

I love Blue Jean! And Alice is so cute I want to squeeze her!
Old 05-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #9 
bwilsonhill
Banned

Hi i was looking at your pics and you have very beatiful pets but i was wondering how you plan on getting rid of the fish's fin rot because my fish has the same thing...ive gotten advice but theres no such thing as too much for me!!!!! thanks, brittney
Old 05-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #10 
PitGurl

Aww...Kittens are so cute. The cream one is beautiful. Please don't take this the wrong way but please get the momma fixed.

All your fish are awesome. Love the PK!
Closed Thread