Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #11 
Punki

You know, that very well could be it! I was looking through pictures of him that i took the day i got him and it was a bit ragged and dangly then but not so much, it it was also alot shorter and limp. Hes grown and it shows more so when hes flaring which is a common thing nowdays when i walk towards him :)) I checked his PH and its 7.0 and all other levels are in the normal range also. Im starting to think he is alittle older so maybe he was in a cup too long or maybe it is too heavy, for a veiltail he can make quite a spread i think :D Thanks :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #12 
roadrunner

I would not worry, betta with curled fins is not sick. My water is very soft and one of my bettas top fin started to curl as well. It's because they are constantly growing and sometimes they start to curl. I've read somewhere it happens when betta is kept in small container. maybe it's a lack of some vitamins?
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote