Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2011, 06:06 PM   #1 
SlytherinQuoll

All of my bettas

Hi, I thought I should introduce myself. I have five bettas currently. (and one betta tattoo!)

My oldest and also the subject of my newest tattoo is little Trapper, named after the character in M*A*S*H. He's got little fins now from a water change accident a few months ago but slowly growing them out. He is now in the 10 litre Marina goldfish tank with a small heater and no filter.

Back when I first got him and didn't know properly how to care for him and his looong pretty fins:

After leaving him in the care of my sisters for two months while I was out of the country:

Now with the tacky dinosaur background since I am eternally 8 years old.

When the accident happened I thought he would die. He seemed paralized on one side and could barely swim so I put him in his cup for a while until he started moving better, and I also had to practically hand feed him too.

Next came Banana Boat, named after a side character on Torchwood. He's in a 2.5 gal mini bow I picked up for free at the neighbor's garage sale last summer, but I hate the bow in it because it distorts everything, so I turned it backwards.

He recently had some fungus and is probably about ready to leave the hospital tank and go back into his own tank about now. I bet he's bored.

Then came Glitz, named after a character from Doctor Who from the 1980s. He is the most gorgeous fish ever, but I might be a little biased. He's recently been upgraded from the 1 gal corner tank into a 5.5 gal. I posted about him in the breeding section.

And his current tank:

It's aesthetically pleasing, but I think I need some more plants for him to feel safer. I love that fake moss ball thing.

Then came Rory, named after one of the current companions on Doctor Who. I work at Petco in the dog grooming salon, so I see all the bettas several times a day walking back and forth. This little guy kept having his cup poked because everyone thought he was dead, so I took pity and took him home. He's getting better at swimming and so I'll probably upgrade him to two gallons soon, but with lots of stuff to rest on.

The latest fish is Cosmos, named after Carl Sagan's Cosmos. I was at Walmart getting gravel and some fake plants when I saw him in his dirty little cup and he was so lively looking and such a pretty pastel color that I've always loved, and since I had just upgraded Glitz to his 5.5 gal I had an unused 1 gal I could put him in.
I don't have a picture but I have a video. I know, I put the fish in without letting the tank sit first, hence the bubbles, but the water was treated and the fish was in nasty a Walmart cup before.
SlytherinQuoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:30 AM   #2 
Burd

Cosmos looks like a dragon. Pretty!

And Glitz has gorgeous, huge fins. I agree, he's a beauty. :)
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #3 
Greenfish

great looking fish, your really lucky and so are your fish :)
Greenfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #4 
iheartmybettas

Welcome to the forum! Very pretty fish! Trapper's colors are gorgeous!
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #5 
SlytherinQuoll

Thanks guys. :) I think veils are probably actually my favorite tail type when they grow huge long fins like Trapper used to have. They are the most fun to watch swim, at least. I with they were more desirable.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #6 
SillyCone

If I were to make an "all my fishes" thread, it would be so boring because I only have one hahahaha!

But hey, awesome "collection" ;D!

btw, off topic, that drawing of 2 people, is it yours?
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #7 
SlytherinQuoll

No, it was done by one of my favorite fan artists, her website is here! I bought the print at Gallifrey One 2011, one of the biggest Doctor Who conventions in the States. It's the Second Doctor as played by Patrick Troughton and his most clingy companion, Jamie McCrimmon. The other picture is a signed picture of Sarah Sutton, who played Nyssa.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #8 
HayrideHaunter

I LOVE RORY (the character, although your boy is adorable XD),,,also...*dies* *regenerates* *is a total DW nerd* AHHHHH WHOVIANS...OMG HI

sorry...off topic...pretty fishies!!!
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #9 
SlytherinQuoll

Ahahah yeah! Do you like the little Roman column I put in his tank!? Also, do you like how he got his name?
Old 05-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #10 
HayrideHaunter

omg I didnt notice the column! how adorable! how did he get his name? everyone thought he was dead? hehe...poor Rory (character)...he has
*spoilers below for doc who fans!!!*

such a hard life...death...thing...
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote