Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2011, 01:13 AM   #1 
metalbetta

Birthday present!

The boyfriend got me a neat present.

Yeeah. I loooove it. 3 gallons. :)

No fish in it right now, I'm still trying to decide who I want to put in it.

I don't plan to aerate it since... you know... I keep bettas... so I'm wondering how I should block that tube. If I even need to. I'm worried the fish might get blinded by the bright light. I know I am when I look into it. Does anyone else have this tank?
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:18 AM   #2 
metalbetta

For now I'm just going to lower the water level.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:30 AM   #3 
laughing

I hope someone can help you, I know many have this tank!

I love the purple! C:
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:22 AM   #4 
Arashi Takamine

This! Is the tank I wanted for Christmas but Ma said no.

I vote the Dal in your avvie. He'd set off the colors so nicely.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #5 
tsoto80

maybe a glass jar turned upside with a plant in it? That may look cool
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #6 
metalbetta

@Tsoto I was seriously considering just shoving a plastic plant into the tube and calling it good. lol

@Arashi I was tempted, but I just got him set up in his new digs... 5 gallon divided with my other dal... And he loves it, so I'm not sure how thrilled he be if I moved him again

Okay, okay, I think I've figured it out. Since Jayde is my biggest and could probably use more room than the rest, She's in there right now... and she looks confused. She'll have it until I get the sorority back up and running. If Daiquiri makes it through her illness (and it's looking like she's getting better every day), then she'll go in there, since the chance of her going back into the sorority is slim to nothing. At least anytime soon. The bacteria literally took chunks out of her.
Either way it's sitting on my dining room table and it looks awesome!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #7 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
@Tsoto I was seriously considering just shoving a plastic plant into the tube and calling it good. lol

@Arashi I was tempted, but I just got him set up in his new digs... 5 gallon divided with my other dal... And he loves it, so I'm not sure how thrilled he be if I moved him again

Okay, okay, I think I've figured it out. Since Jayde is my biggest and could probably use more room than the rest, She's in there right now... and she looks confused. She'll have it until I get the sorority back up and running. If Daiquiri makes it through her illness (and it's looking like she's getting better every day), then she'll go in there, since the chance of her going back into the sorority is slim to nothing. At least anytime soon. The bacteria literally took chunks out of her.
Either way it's sitting on my dining room table and it looks awesome!
hahaha! Thats like me fast and simple always good glad you figured it out! Take pics of her in there
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #8 
Littlebittyfish

That is a cool tank! Where did he find the 3 gallon? I can only find the 2 gallon around here... I need another tank for my guy that's in QT.
You could try removing that tube if you're not going to be using it..or you could try filling it with river rocks or marbles or some sort.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #9 
nowzem

I vote for buying a new betta to put in there (hahahaha)

Sorry I don't have that tank so I can't help with that...
nowzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #10 
Punki

I have this tank! The undergravel filter and tube can be completely removed if you dont want to use it, i use mine on a lower setting and it works pretty well but yeah the undergravel filter is just a plate with holes in it and the tube attaches to that. So if oyu dont want filtration just remove it all and itll be a plain round tank. But if you do that the light wont be able to shine into the tank because the gravel will cover the light, what you could do is find a cave with a hole on the top and an open bottom and put that directly on the bottom of the tank so the light can shine up, into the cave and out of the caves holes. Still not as bright and vibrant as the tube but it works. Also the clear gems instead of gravel help let light through also. I bought my 3 gallon at petsmart and the next week walmart got the three gallons also :)) Very cool tank :D
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote