Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-28-2011, 03:12 AM   #11 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post

And my BFF just vouched for this. She says she'd knock it right out of her hands and run.
Hehehe I too have a BFF who said if she ever saw a dead betta in a wallmart or petsmart or petco................... weeeeeeeeeeeeeelll just every now and then search youtube for "Girl has breakdown over poor fish treatment"
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:51 AM   #12 
Arashi Takamine

Haha sounds like our BFF's would get along greatly.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:27 PM   #13 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
Yes my walmart has a pet care person but she is such a rude woman she went on for nearly three minutes telling me how she worked there three years how she knows all about betta's and how her boss was on vacation and that she didn't have to listen to me how she's so smart and I'm so dumb...

She is LUCKY no one else I knew was there with me...I doubt they would have left the boxes she was stacking alone.

And my BFF just vouched for this. She says she'd knock it right out of her hands and run.
Should have asked her if she ever OWNED a betta. One thing to stock them, another thing to own one, right?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #14 
freakumDRESS

Mmm, actually the MANAGER may have a disliking for me.
I don't go to Walmart anymore.
I once asked an employee near the fish section about the fish there... She wasn't even aware Walmart sold fish as pets. The fish section was just behind her, too.
Another time, I asked where the shoe section was. It took the poor girl about 2 minutes to understand what I was saying.
Most recently, I witnessed a Walmart employee walk out of the bathroom stall and bathroom without washing her hands. That did it for me. REALLY.
freakumDRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #15 
lvandert

Lol I complain to the fish person almost every time I go in. I also help the other costumers in the sense that I send them to petco/petsmart or the LPS for healthier fish. My petco and petsmart actually keep up on their fishes pretty well. Last time I went to walmart, I had been in the store for a while before heading to the fishies and they were almost all gone. The fish guy was busy moving them all to the back. The ones I saw out actually looked somewhat healthy. I giggled and my bf leaned over and said "they saw you coming and hid them" I guess that means they can tell the difference between a sick and healthy fish :P
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #16 
Tikibirds

I never see any employees in the walmart pet section. Petco on the other hand..the fish lady hates me and she hates my dog. She told him to shut up once because he wouldn;t stop barking at her. Good boy
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #17 
Ramble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
It's not fair that the bettas' natural habitat gets used against them. I mean, just because you can ride a bike doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to get a car. Same thing with a betta. Just because you can live in a tiny cup doesn't mean you shouldn't get a tank to yourself.
Heh- I use kind of the same speech in our store. When people ask if they can live in little cups and bowls, I tell them, "well, you could live in your bathroom, but you wouldn't be very happy."

I was also allowed to set up a little one-gallon tank by the bettas to show an easy way to care for them. (I put a little guy in there who'd been at the store 6 weeks in that tiny cup...) It's a great teaching tool to show people how easy it is to give a betta a more comfortable life, and I get to answer a lot of questions.

This site has been invaluable!
Ramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #18 
Tobythefish

Ivandert,
What is the LPS you are talking about? We live in Rapid City too, but the only LPS we know about is horrible! We got our first betta there and it died within 48 hours. Then we didn't disinfect the equipment and the next two bettas died, both within 4 days.
Tobythefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #19 
lvandert

I was talking about Crazy Critters. I go in there all the time. They still house them in little cups but every time I've been in there they've all been in clean water and healthy. It's a relatively new shop on East N. lol Where have you been hiding Tobythefish? I thought I might have been the only from from Rapid, I'm happy to be proven wrong.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #20 
Tobythefish

I'm was talking about one in the mall. The mall said they can't be there, so it either just went out of bussiness, or it is going to be soon. I should go check out the new one, didn't know there was another one.
Tobythefish is offline   Reply With Quote