Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2011, 03:19 AM   #1 
Sakura8

How Do You Play With Your Betta?

I stick my hand in his tank, just up to the knuckles at most and he loves to swim around them, brushing his fins against my fingers while rolling his eyes up at me.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #2 
orphansparrow

aw, cute! i never thought of sticking my hand in there. o.o i'm always paranoid i have some particle of something on me that would make him sick or something...

i do set my finger on the outside of his tank, and then move it over over a little bit, and keep doing that. he likes to come inspect my finger, and then follow it over, and inspect again.

also, when i'm doing a 50% water change, i take the water out, and when i refill, i do so with him still in the tank. i let the water drizzle out in a thin stream and he loves to look at each and every bubble the stream makes on the surface of the water. he is completely not scared of water changes. he loves them. :)
orphansparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #3 
SillyCone

with Fillet, I inflate my face and he flares at me, not as much lately though xD!

Also he loves when I'm near his tank, he tries to do anything for me to watch him.. But if I watch for too long he will just keep looking up waiting for food >_>!
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #4 
Burd

My fiance is a pretty big jerk about playing with my fish. He'll take an airstone I've got with a tube and blow huge bubble waves at the fish as they swim by. You'd think it's cruel, but they totally swim back to check it out and are like "OMG DO IT AGAIN!"

AS FOR ME AND MY NOT CRUEL METHODS OF PLAYING... following my finger is pretty typical, and they all know to eat and nibble my finger for food. The little nips are so cute.
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #5 
SillyCone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burd View Post
My fiance is a pretty big jerk about playing with my fish. He'll take an airstone I've got with a tube and blow huge bubble waves at the fish as they swim by. You'd think it's cruel, but they totally swim back to check it out and are like "OMG DO IT AGAIN!"
LMAO! You totally have to record that for us!
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote