Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2011, 12:37 AM   #21 
DeadMemories92

Mom brung home a betta from her job in a vase with a plant. I named him Henry. He was a dark red color and lived for YEARS. Like 5-6 years. He used to flare at my finger/face. One morning I woke up and he was dead. Not sure why. Old age I guess. I buried him outside. Poor guy!
DeadMemories92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:25 AM   #22 
Ariel1719

My first betta that I can REMEMBER was a red VT named Jax! Lol I was like ten i think and he of course lived in that stupid betta home all pet stores have. He lived for a good two years in my room! I did actually move him to that 1gal cube thing walmarts have. I didn't have any fish for a while until Lucifer who started me on the betta bug! He was a royal blue VT and I got him a 3gal eclipse tank. Thus my addiction started 4 years ago!
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #23 
cadi731

I still have my first betta. I got my boy at Petsmart almost a year ago. As soon as I walked into the fish section, he was the very first betta I saw on the shelf. His colors were so bright, and he was one of the healthiest ones I saw there. I wasn't even going to pick him at first. I was looking at all the others, but I kept going back to him. I wound up buying him. <3 I bought him a 2.5 gigantic margarita glass-like bowl. He loved that thing. Now he has a 5 gallon. He has such a personality. xD He's a little jerkface who loves to make his mama worry. It's probably because he's so spoiled.
cadi731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #24 
newarkhiphop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadi731 View Post
I still have my first betta. I got my boy at Petsmart almost a year ago. As soon as I walked into the fish section, he was the very first betta I saw on the shelf. His colors were so bright, and he was one of the healthiest ones I saw there. I wasn't even going to pick him at first. I was looking at all the others, but I kept going back to him. I wound up buying him. <3 I bought him a 2.5 gigantic margarita glass-like bowl. He loved that thing. Now he has a 5 gallon. He has such a personality. xD He's a little jerkface who loves to make his mama worry. It's probably because he's so spoiled.

he the one in your avatar?
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #25 
cadi731

Yep~ It's the most recent picture I have of him.
cadi731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #26 
laughing

I think a major repition here is most of us were small children. We hadn't a clue! Which is why I love this forum, it is child friendly and appropriate. Parents are so weary of the internet and with a safe site like this parents, children, and everyone else can get accurate information.

I wish parents would research first...
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #27 
Jessabell

My first betta was a dirty white crowntail with red/purple fins. I named him Zues. My boyfriend and I were walking through meijer and decided to each buy one. He currently passed though. I have a short story about my boyfriends. He was a bright red regular betta. He got him in a small 2 gal. Then upgraded to a five. Then a ten. Then a 35 gal...with like 20 other fish! lmfao. then he got sick of fish and got frogs. then more fish to put in with the frogs. then another betta. and another....now he has no fish and a bearded dragon.

Funny what happens when your animal loving girlfriend makes you buy one fish, huh? lmfao xD
Jessabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:50 AM   #28 
copperarabian

My first betta is the betta in my avatar. I still haven't found the perfect name for yet, I've taken years to name a fish lol.
I always thought cichlids where the absolute best fish and never even glanced at the Bettas until I saw a king at petco and was amazed by it, so I did a ton of research(which I love if it's interesting) and went back and purchased my HM king XD

I've decided Bettas are just as awesome as cichlids :D
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote