Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #1 
copperarabian

Talking Just bought a bunch of plants off of Craigslist :D

I can't wait to pick them up tomorrow. I was going to buy a huge Anubias(16" mother plant) but someone got to it before me,

here's my list

2 Anubias
6 Vals
6 Rotundifolia
1 Java Moss Ball
and maybe some Java fern

I can't wait to set it all up in my aquariums.

Has anyone ever taken the Java moss off of the golf ball and tried attaching it to anything? I want to try in my big tank on my cichlid side as well as the divided area for my Betta but I don't want to kill the plant....

I'll post pics tomorrow of it once I have it set up :D
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
I can't wait to pick them up tomorrow. I was going to buy a huge Anubias(16" mother plant) but someone got to it before me,

here's my list

2 Anubias
6 Vals
6 Rotundifolia
1 Java Moss Ball
and maybe some Java fern

I can't wait to set it all up in my aquariums.

Has anyone ever taken the Java moss off of the golf ball and tried attaching it to anything? I want to try in my big tank on my cichlid side as well as the divided area for my Betta but I don't want to kill the plant....

I'll post pics tomorrow of it once I have it set up :D
lucky you! I love my java moss. I have never gotten java moss attached to a golf ball.so I may be no help..but I have attached it to several things using a dark brown sewing thread...Once it starts to grow out and 'bush" the thread is not visible.I have attached it to small lava rocks for the bottom of my tank, terra cotta pots and soon driftwood..
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #3 
laughing

Littlebitty- I just bought java moss for my terra cotta pot, how did you tie it? :3

You're super lucky! It'll all look GORGEOUS. It will especially look good on the divider!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:41 AM   #4 
PewPewPew

Try thread or fishing line :B
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #5 
Littlebittyfish

I spread out the moss thinly over the terra cotta and then I used sewing thread wrapped around to help secure it.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:50 AM   #6 
copperarabian

Finally got everything planted in the 15g, My Betta seems to love it too XD Since I plan to use that tank as a spawning tank (Which I will do later this year, or next summer) I hope that the plants fill in nicely. I'll need to make sure it doesn't crowd my king though, he is so huge, I have a little fantasy of him becomeing a giant, although he is most likely full grown since he's already 4 inches.

I also put more plants in the divided area of my 48g aquarium, I really love how natural looking it turned out. (Totally wish I had taken this pick after I fixed that plant in the front that's leaning lol) The java moss ended up being golf ball sized, not around a golf ball which made it way easier, I stuffed it into a crack on the artificial rock.

I tried putting a few with my cichlid, and was very creative trying to put them where she might not notice but the next morning they were all floating at the top lol so I'll still be on the search for a large enough plant she can't uproot.

Last edited by copperarabian; 05-28-2011 at 02:55 AM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:40 AM   #7 
Littlebittyfish

beautiful! good job!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #8 
tsoto80

I love that first pic! Made me smile and I was thinking he was thinking, "Im lovin it" lol (from McD song) I would love to have a king maybe one day....
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #9 
fishman12

Haha nice
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium plants