Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #1 
vette91

King Betta

I have read through this forum(i found you all on google) reading about King Bettas because their is little information out there. My Girlfriend bought one yesterday and put it in an already cycled tank that her last fish just died(five gallons). it is heated and filtered with gravel and decor.
I was wondering what to expect from a King Betta. Obviously they are larger but how compatible are they with other fish?
I have a 20 gall community tank, a ten gallon sorority(my first sorority which is doing fine) and a 2.5 gallon for my male crowntail.
I've read they are less aggressive than other of the long finned bettas?
I'm just trying to get as much information as possible for her because she is relatively new to the hobby of fishkeeping :D

Last edited by vette91; 05-27-2011 at 07:43 PM.
vette91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:51 AM   #2 
Kytkattin

To be honest, I have read that they can go either way as far as aggression. It probably depends on their lineage. However, if they do decide to do damage, it can be significantly worse because they are larger.

They are really cool looking fish, and I wish I could have one! I am glad to know you are keeping him in such a big tank. Pictures please?
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #3 
vette91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
They are really cool looking fish, and I wish I could have one! I am glad to know you are keeping him in such a big tank. Pictures please?
I'll get pics up later today :) he's doing fine so far :)
vette91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #4 
TonyK

From my understanding of them. They are along the fighting line of Bettas. I could be wrong and by no means an expert. You might want to look up Plakat thats what they are considered.
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #5 
JKfish

From what I've heard, they act like any other betta.... finnage or color really shouldn't drastically change how they act. Of course every bett has his or her own personality, so you just have to play things by ear and see how it goes. Like any other betta, if you introduce him to tank mates, you'll want to first float him in the tank with the other fish for a day or so in order to gauge how agressive he is and also to let him get used to the idea of other fish. Of course, even if he isn't agressive right away, that doesn't mean he won't become agressive later.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote