Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #1 
Littlebittyfish

Do you ever change your fish's name?

I do sometimes....I feel sort of bad about it for some reason...maybe i'm confusing them or something? I give them names when I first get them..not really knowing their personalities yet..Then after 6 months or so I usually give them a new name that is more fitting...Anyone else change their bettas names?
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #2 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Yup. Their names didn't suit them and they complained, so I had to change them! ;)
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #3 
Tisia

I originally named my little female "cutie pie," mainly cause that was just what I kept calling her, then she bit a plastic cup I was using to scoop out some of her water during a partial change and it made a little *tink* sound, and just decided that seemed like a more appropriate name for such a fiesty little girl, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:23 AM   #4 
Luimeril

Purple started off as "Purple". then, i decided he needed a 'real' name. so i named him Kamui Gakupo, or Gaku for short. now, he's officially Kamui Gakupo Purple. but i just call him Purple. :3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:47 AM   #5 
Littlebittyfish

My one fish had 3 names before I settled for Cleo. My one fish was suntea...sunny...and then my friend and I decided on Flippy.. haha..He was upside down in his cup when I got him...But he wasn't stuck like that...He flipped back around...He has only done that 2 other times...He loves to chase his back fin and bite himself...so Flippy is sort of fitting I guess..He made a cat shaped bubble nest so I was going to name him picasso...But my friend loved Flippy...So I made his full name Flippy Picasso...
Frankie blue eyes isnt actually my fish...But I have been taking care of him for about a month and a half now..The owner I dont believe wants him back...He is brown with peach fins... I will probably rename him Sherlock. He looks like hes wearing a trench coat..haha
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #6 
peaches3221

haha i just adopted the three bettas we had as class pets that my teacher thought were too much work. their names are dragon, a-rod and yogi lol yeah we have some major yankees fans at my school but since i dont really like baseball, (no offence to any baseball fans lol!) i'm thinking of changing yogi and a-rod's names and maybe dragon too... idk
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #7 
Ariel1719

I only did it once for a fish of mine i got last year and he died a short time after. At first I named him Zeus but he was so feisty and fierce and always flaring and going crazy so I ended up changing his name to Guido. LOL. All the fishies I have now I usually don't name for a couple of days after I have them.
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote