Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2011, 12:38 AM   #21 
DeadMemories92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
I work at a Walmart and its reletively new. We dont have bettas yet but we have mods for them with an emtpy space. When we get them I am gonna ask permission from my manager if I can take care of them and give them water changes. I wont let them get sick or have cloudy water!!! : ) They will get good food too!!! no flake crap.

My new hero.
DeadMemories92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #22 
Seka

I went to my local walmart and looked at the bettas. The water was so icky brown you couldn't even see them in the cups. I talked to the person responsible for the pet department (all of two aisles), and she told me that if she changes the water, she can get fired because it's too time consuming. She said someone comes every other week or so to change the water. So they need a special person to do that?! Ridiculous...

And yes, some of the bettas were dead.
Seka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #23 
Neil D

Thankfully the water at my petstores and walmarts are pretty clean.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #24 
Irish Johnny

The union at my job blackballed WalMart, so I wont go in any of them. They have the reputation of treating their employees like crap, so I doubt their Bettas get treated any better.
Irish Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #25 
SashimiBetta

Here is a story of when they killed my Betta:

Back when I was 7 years old, I wanted a puppy. My mother would always tell me that I must show her that I have responsibility. So to prove it, I had to prove that I can care for a Betta for at least 2 years. So I started doing some research. (i love researching.)

We never got a chance to go to my LFS, so we all just waited a while. & my mom had to go buy something at Wal-Mart, and she took me and my sister. When we all got there we saw a fish section, so me and my sister went to go get my Betta!

By this time, I knew all the basics and I knew that Bettas couldn't be together, and they need to be fed pellets rather than flakes (etc.,). So, my sister was watching me pick out mine and she wanted one. So we both gave the Bettas to the fish guy and said "we want these boys". He replied, "I will leave these at the cashier so when you check out, they will be fine and comfortable.

So, once my mom was done her shopping we all went to the cashier to meet our fishes. & guess what, for some STUPID reason, I guess he wanted to save a container, he decided to plop the Betta in the same container as the other betta and when the cashier gave them to us...They were dead. I was 7, so I cried.
SashimiBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #26 
Neil D

AWWWWWWWW! that huge son of a (insert here)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God that made me mad! grrrr.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #27 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashimiBetta View Post

Back when I was 7 years old, I wanted a puppy. My mother would always tell me that I must show her that I have responsibility. So to prove it, I had to prove that I can care for a Betta for at least 2 years. So I started doing some research. (i love researching.)

We never got a chance to go to my LFS, so we all just waited a while. & my mom had to go buy something at Wal-Mart, and she took me and my sister. When we all got there we saw a fish section, so me and my sister went to go get my Betta!

By this time, I knew all the basics and I knew that Bettas couldn't be together, and they need to be fed pellets rather than flakes (etc.,). So, my sister was watching me pick out mine and she wanted one. So we both gave the Bettas to the fish guy and said "we want these boys". He replied, "I will leave these at the cashier so when you check out, they will be fine and comfortable.

So, once my mom was done her shopping we all went to the cashier to meet our fishes. & guess what, for some STUPID reason, I guess he wanted to save a container, he decided to plop the Betta in the same container as the other betta and when the cashier gave them to us...They were dead. I was 7, so I cried.
That is absolutely awful! Did your mom yell at the guy?
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:56 PM   #28 
BettaRepublic

Wal-Mart is SO mean!!! I'll never buy from them AGAIN!!! I wish we could sue them. Wait...mabye we can! for teh fish!!
BettaRepublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #29 
Blaze54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashimiBetta View Post

I would have made them GIVE me 2, as compensation. Ans BettaRepublic...LET"S DO IT!!! Down with Wal*Marts betta abuse!!
Blaze54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #30 
Arashi Takamine

We shall start a Down with Wal-Mart Declaration!
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote