Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #21 
carzz

I would change the water again today. I'll et the ammonia will build up fast.
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #22 
Neil D

^ is that possible? Just wondering....
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #23 
DeadMemories92

I'll change it again tonight just in case. I added a small barrel into his little tank and he's exploring it right now.
DeadMemories92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #24 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMemories92 View Post
That's a great idea actually. I think I'll go do that now. He's happy as can be. Still not eating but I'm sure he will come around because he was way overfed in that tiny little nasty cup. :(
If you do contact them, make sure to say something about how, regardless of the fish's suffering, having such a filthy cup there is medically dangerous to their customers. They are exposing to customers to bacteria, parasites, and viruses by leaving a DYING fish in absolutely filthy, RANCID water. God forbid a child spilled that on themselves, they could have gotten sick. Their mother would have been soo mad if that had happened. Even though I only really care about the fish, walmart only cares about customers and customer service so mention how you were disgusted by the lack of time and care walmart takes to make sure their store is safe for people to shop it. Can you imagine if that fish had Tuberculosis, and someone which a compromised immune system spilled that water on them? They would have gotten tuberculosis (a deadly disease) and it would have been walmarts fault.

In my opinion, it is bad enough to leave a fish to die like that, but really? Really, Walmart? You are just going to leave a cup of rotting whoknowswhat in the middle of a shelf for a PAYING customer to find?

This is why I hate Walmart. I really hope you write a letter. Someone needs to make a facebook page/group boycotting Walmart until they treat their fish with care, or better yet NO FISH AT ALL!!
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #25 
Neil D

i think there is a FB page like that...
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #26 
turtle10

Really? Do you have a link? I want to join! lol
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #27 
laughing

I think walmart has great fish item prices, but should seriously stop carrying fish. No one is even assigned to that department, so why do they have it??

At least at petsmart you can tell someone who can properly and professionally take care of it. They will dispose of dead fish if you ask, they change the fish water, etc.

C'mon...
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #28 
DeadMemories92

Totally agree. I told Bryan that if we move to the city with a Walmart I'm going to apply for that position and send in photos of my bettas/bettas homes so hopefully I could be a better candidate for the job. I mean it's one Walmart but that would mean one Walmart that doesn't have dying fish. It's not going to hurt them to take like $20 out of THEIR money to buy supplies for the fish they're selling. People would buy more fish if they didn't show signs of disease on the shelf. ugh.

And it baffles me at how NOBODY would buy Squeaky just because he was in absolute filth. They threw like 20+ grains of food that looked as if they weren't even betta food at all. I'm praying that he'll come around and eat within the next few days. He isn't acting sick at all. His fins are all intact and everything. What the heck is wrong with people??
Old 05-29-2011, 03:01 PM   #29 
DeadMemories92

Oh wait! I just dropped a small frozen dried bloodworm in front of his face and he ate it!! :D PROGRESS!!
Old 05-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #30 
laughing

What's funny is walmart pays so much leas for those tanks and supplies...

Even as a part time job those fish could look SO much healthier. If they actually decorated/aquascapes the tanks people would be more mesmerized and think, "woe I want that in my home!" Rather eww.... then more people will want to buy tanks, decor, and the fish!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote