Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2012, 03:02 AM   #101 
deso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Yup. Deso, I want to move to Europe just for the food, no other reason!
I'm thinking either Norway, or Poland (where my family is from).
When I was in Poland, I could eat plain bread. The bread was amazing, the meat was amazing, the cheese was amazing, the milk was AMAZING. The weirdest thing is that the whole 3 weeks I was in Poland last year, I never once got a craving for junk food. The regular food was so good I didn't need any junk food.
I've noticed the same phenomenon! I rarely ever eat candies here because the regular food is just that satisfying. Although I must admit that if you ever come to France, you mustn't miss the chocolates. It's really incredible (in a good way), the amount of control the government puts on food quality.

I'd love to go to Poland someday as well to see the lovely architecture of the old-town areas and their art museums. I'm a big fan of the Eastern European artists of the late 1800s - mid 1900s. And while I'm there, I'll definitely try the milk ;) As for Norway, it's a good choice if you want to move to Europe, it has one of the highest standards of living in the entire world.

Out of pure curiosity, do you still have family in Poland or do you just visit? Mine all left where we came from (Japan & Russia) a century and a half ago to go West, we haven't got a single thing left in our "home" countries...
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #102 
teeneythebetta

I have a friend that is Half Norwegian and used to live in Norway, she brought Norwegian chocolate to school.. OMG. Way Better than Hershey's!!

Last edited by doggyhog; 07-21-2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Language
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #103 
Laki

Oh my goodness, there's like 1 store here that sells imported European chocolate. Yea. I could move there for that alone. And bakeries. Fresh bread? So fluffy and buttery and delicious! My plan is to finish school (another 2 yrs) and then we are going to Hali to bunk down with my bf's parents and figure out careers. From there I really want to to go to Europe. Don't get me wrong! It will happen!!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #104 
eaturbyfill

I've never had Norwegian chocolate before. o-o
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #105 
Shayebri

Vegetarian and proud. Trying to be vegan...
Shayebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #106 
ktlelia

I'm vegan. My boyfriend would eat a live cow if he could.
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #107 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Wow just noticed this Deso.
I love everything about Eastern Europe so much.. There's that slight reluctance for change.. The old buildings are lovely but I'm really fond of the communist era buildings.. The big blocky style, barred windows and fenced in lots. Look scary to a lot of people but it really charms me.
I'm only first generation Canadian. Almost all of my family is still in Poland. My parents have only been here for maybe 20 years, my dad always says moving to Canada was his biggest mistake.
Norway is great. It's so beautiful and peaceful. But getting in is really hard.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #108 
dramaqueen
Banned

European chocolate is SO mu h better than ours. It puts Hershey 's to shame. Also the pastries. OMG we had the best pastries in Germany were awesome!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #109 
MyRainbowBettaFish

I LOVE my meat, but it aways makes me TERRIBLY sad how inhumane humans can be when it comes to "taking" animals for their meat. I always feel horrible when i go to a fair and see their sad eyes and how people treat them. I would become a vegetarian because of the animal's sake, but i just love my meat. So instead i just eat less meat and more soy.

Those poor babies :'(

but its kinda like lions killing zebras"they gotta eat"

They could at least let the poor babies pass humanely though...

Uggh now i am sad again and feeling guilty.....I am too much of an animal lover...

I have to change the channel when those horrible ASPCA commercials come on(i already donate a lot lol), i can't go into shelters(i have already rescued dogs and other animals) and i can't go on certain things like carriage rides, especially if i think the horses equipment is not proper or they are being overworked.

ugggghh so sad now!!!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #110 
Jrf456

Team vegetarian! :3
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote