bahamut285

That reminds me of: "SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE PLANTS!!!" lol
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #42 
laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuulieQ View Post
I love animals.

That said, I also like to eat them. ._. I don't view myself as being any better or worse than other animals. Animals eat each other all the time, so if I am an animal designed for an omnivorous diet, then I don't see why I should feel bad about it. Certainly it depressed me that I can't live without killing things, but there isn't much I could to about it.

I mean, you never hear about how people murder innocent plants and devour them all the time... we're always dousing weeds with pesticides or yanking them just because they're not pretty or they're not where we want them to be... I guess I sort of gave up and just decided to live once I realized there was no way I could treat every living thing fairly. Now I just give whatever respect I can.
+1! Plants are living, too. Whether people want to believe it or not. Plants as well can be carnivorous, have been shown to demonstrate feelings, etc. I think, to me personally, eating meat is not bad as long as I am still showing respect and love for the animals. I as well do not feel 'superior'. I feel like it is part of life.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #43 
Sweeda88

I'm not a vegetarian, but I'm not a huge meat lover either.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #44 
LolaQuigs

Plants have no nervous system, therefore they do not have any sort of consciousness, nor are they able to feel pain.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #45 
Littlebittyfish

There may be more plants "harmed" when consuming meat because it takes a lot of grain to feed cows and other livestock that are raised for slaughter...Not to mention cows need a lot of space... often woods and forest are cut down just for cattle pastures.

Plants are alive…Plants may..or may not feel pain..However.. Veganism to me is about doing the best to live life as compassionately as I can while causing as less harm as possible in todays world…Of course some things are unavoidable…But I can still choose to live as compassionately as I can. …I believe less creatures …(plant or animal) are harmed while consuming a vegan diet. I wouldn’t eat dog just because it was humanely treated before slaughter…to me..It would still be a slaughtered dog no matter how humane it was treated before...…And I have troubles seeing the difference between a cow a dog and a pig…I actually had a pet pig when I was younger.

But that is just my personal opinion…And I have nothing against anyone elses personal opinion....I only know 2 other vegans...Most everyone I know consumes meat...
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #46 
GunsABlazin

i likes meat. Horse, cow, pig, deer, chicken, fish ect. And of course Veggis.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:34 AM   #47 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
+1! Plants are living, too. Whether people want to believe it or not. Plants as well can be carnivorous, have been shown to demonstrate feelings, etc. I think, to me personally, eating meat is not bad as long as I am still showing respect and love for the animals. I as well do not feel 'superior'. I feel like it is part of life.

I've heard about really extreme vegans where they only eat """dead""" (not in a literal sense) plants. For example they will only eat the vegetables or fruit that have fallen naturally off the mother plant instead of a farmer or combine picking them off.

Of course, I've only...read about this, not actually seen it, so don't take my word for it.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:51 AM   #48 
Ashleigh

Om nom nom MEAT!
Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #49 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
There may be more plants "harmed" when consuming meat because it takes a lot of grain to feed cows and other livestock that are raised for slaughter...Not to mention cows need a lot of space... often woods and forest are cut down just for cattle pastures.

Plants are alive…Plants may..or may not feel pain..However.. Veganism to me is about doing the best to live life as compassionately as I can while causing as less harm as possible in todays world…Of course some things are unavoidable…But I can still choose to live as compassionately as I can. …I believe less creatures …(plant or animal) are harmed while consuming a vegan diet. I wouldn’t eat dog just because it was humanely treated before slaughter…to me..It would still be a slaughtered dog no matter how humane it was treated before...…And I have troubles seeing the difference between a cow a dog and a pig…I actually had a pet pig when I was younger.

But that is just my personal opinion…And I have nothing against anyone elses personal opinion....I only know 2 other vegans...Most everyone I know consumes meat...
So veganism, to you, is moe than what you eat or don't eat. It's the way you live your life. I like that. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #50 
laughing

LittleBitty- That was very nicely put. I enjoy vegans who do it not because "ZOMG ANIMALZZ!!!" but because it is a life decision for betterment... High five to you! And yes, cows definitely take up a LOT of space, and plants generally grow much faster than animals allowing the world to quickly replenish itself...

I've heard of people eating strictly dirt... o.O

I am definitely into caring for our earth & myself.

I have enjoyed pet cows, and pet piggies. But in my eyes (I think it was the way I was raised) it is a natural life cycle and process. It is something that happens. Just the way cats will take down birds, hawks will eat mice, lions will eat gazelle and zebras... I have never considered it "murder" or "inhumane" in any sort of way.

I think people who are compeltely vegan have serious self control and diligence.

Sometimes, I'd like to go vegan, but most stuff I can't really eat anyways... I'm not supposed to have citric acid, so many many fruits I cannot eat on a regular basis. I have a very complicated GI tract D;
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote