Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #1 
AshleySpatula

Plakat Females- More aggressive? (sorority Q)

Hi there!
I am upgrading my 29g sorority to a 40g and wanting to add some super fancy-ness I bought some half moon plakat females from aquabid.com.

They are currently in QT but I started to wonder yesterday... are they going to be much more aggressive then my pet store betta girls? I know I am not adding them until I get the new tank set up so everything will be moved around.

I guess I should have asked BEFORE buying them but I got a little extra cash and they were SOOO tempting!
AshleySpatula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:08 AM   #2 
AshleySpatula

Well I did a little on-line reading and from a few others experiences it seems they will be slightly more aggressive but as long as there is enough space it should work out.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:23 AM   #3 
Luimeril

my plakat female, Lulu, isn't very aggressive at all. i've had her sitting next to one of my other females, and she flared for a little ,but then submitted to Caroline. .__o but, it depends on the fish, honestly. some plakat girls may be more aggressive, some may be less aggressive.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:27 AM   #4 
AshleySpatula

Yes, I have a black green orchid that seems a little more aggressive. One is spotted like a koi fish or something and she's bigger than any of my fish but seems shy, she wont even eat in front of me! the other two seem pretty normal and healthy. So I have my fingers crossed!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:30 AM   #5 
Luimeril

yeah, Lulu is HUGE compared to Caroline, but submitted to her with no physical contact! they were in separate tanks. i think my girls are too old to put in a sorority. :d
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #6 
AshleySpatula

lol you should see my tank of little misfits.

I think the one in charge is the smallest 1.5 inch I just always see her chasing off the bigger ones. I have some that are over 2 inches too.

The auctions on these girls say they are around 3.5 months, and two are HUGE I can't imagine if they got any bigger :/