I FINALLY managed to post the thread. I think there was something going on with the pictures I was using. After I downloaded them to my computer and RE-uploaded them to the site it seemed to work.
I tried to take a screen shot of what it was telling me but it didn't seem to take.
What it basically said is I had some number of characters and I needed to limit the number of characters to 10,000 characters. That seems like a lot of characters but when you think of all the code that is in a reply and links it adds up quickly.
I've never had this issue before with pictures but then again I didn't take these particular pictures.