Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #1 
DeadMemories92

Starting Wartooth on Binox (aka Jungle Fungus Elimator).

http://www.amazon.com/Jungle-Labs-BI...f=pd_rhf_p_t_2

Any suggestions? I honestly do believe that the spot on his forehead is a fungus because it has been there for MONTHS, even under highly good conditioned water (in a quarantined tank, exceptional water temperature and frequent water changes). I've treated him for ick which he had a touch of thanks to Slayer (xD) but it has not healed it. So therefore, I'm going to treat him for Fungus unless anyone has any suggestions otherwise? I've tried salt treatments, you name it. This product is my last resort as of now and if it doesn't work I may ask for further help with the situation. Btw, the finrot came with the bout of ick he had. :\

DeadMemories92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

What other signs/symptom is he showing...

Have you looked into-Lymphocystis......google it and see if it fits....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #3 
DeadMemories92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
What other signs/symptom is he showing...

Have you looked into-Lymphocystis......google it and see if it fits....
None really. I mean he acts normal and he's pretty mellow as far as that goes. He always has been. I don't think it's Lymphocystis because it's not swollen or protruding at all. It's just like a white patch. I've dealt with columnaris, although it looks very familiar, each time I've had a fish with it they have died within 48-72 hours after showing external signs. This isn't the case with Wartooth. I just checked the ammonia. It's showing no ammonia.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

It could be a missing scale...I can't tell much by the pic......but if he is not showing any symptoms other than the white spot and acting his normal self and eating...I wouldn't do anything except make regular water changes to maintain water quality and watch the area.....you don't want to treat...just because.......you can make things worse sometimes.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #5 
DeadMemories92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
It could be a missing scale...I can't tell much by the pic......but if he is not showing any symptoms other than the white spot and acting his normal self and eating...I wouldn't do anything except make regular water changes to maintain water quality and watch the area.....you don't want to treat...just because.......you can make things worse sometimes.....
I've tried that. :( It's been there for nearly two months or longer. I've quarantined him and changed is water every single day (sometimes if I was tired it would be 25%) and kept his temperature in the upper 70's. Nothing seems to work. I've tried salt treatments, they don't work for him either. They've worked for other things with him, but not for that. :(
Old 05-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #6 
DeadMemories92

hrm. He's been submerged for almost two hours. I'm seeing notable healing signs already. :s I added some salt + some of the Binox. Not bad, not bad. Will keep everyone updated on this weird thing. lol
Old 05-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #7 
JenMarie10

Good luck! Would love to know if this works for you guy so I can try with my betta Ramsey's white spot =].
JenMarie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #8 
DeadMemories92

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMarie10 View Post
Good luck! Would love to know if this works for you guy so I can try with my betta Ramsey's white spot =].

Thanks! I'll keep you updated!
Old 05-30-2011, 11:44 PM   #9 
DeadMemories92

Update: I took him out of the measuring cup and placed him back into his tank with his brothers for the night. It broke my heart to see him in that little cup all sad and upset (must be my pregnancy hormones xD). So I'm going to get him something bigger and more roomy tomorrow and then try again. The medicine (what time he was in there in it. Roughly 4-5 hours) seemed to help but of course he needs more time. I'll update tomorrow!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #10 
DeadMemories92

Hey guys. I haven't had the net lately so I thought I would update and say that what Wartooth had WAS in fact a fungus. The Binox I used killed the fungus and his back fin has begun to grow back!