Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #11 
carzz

You could always put her put of her misery. :( that almost seems like the right thing to do for me
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #12 
gmd1800

^ That might be the best solution. I'm all for helping them get better, but that video made me so sad. Honestly, I don't think many, if not any, people on here know for sure what's wrong. Putting her down might be the best thing here. :(
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #13 
Punki

Ive been contemplating it hard, its just so hard and it almost seems silly but i keep waiting someone will come here with an answer so i dont have to. Or ill do it then someone will appear with a simple fix and ill feel even worse.
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #14 
Punki

shes not pineconed, her poop inst white and stringy.she has good coloring, shes not bloated all huge, her eyes are clear, not a nick on her little body, she just cant swim. Thats why its so hard, she looks at me like always and becomes very excited when i walk up, trying to come to the surface as always but she barely made it just now when i walked up. she looked around hoping i was dropping some food for her, just like always, its hard to kill her when shes acting like this but obviously in a bad state. Its as if shes deformed and its suddenly appearing. I should probably do it but...ugh...
Old 05-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #15 
Sakura8

Punki, it looks like it's a swimbladder problem now and . . . I'm sorry, I don't think there's a solution for swimbladder problems. I'm so sorry. A-Z of Tropical Fish Diseases and Health Problems reccommends euthanasia if there's been no improvement after 3 days of treatment and the fish appears to be severely stressed. You've done so much for your little girl and I'm sure in her little fishy heart, she knows that. I'm so sorry. :( Please, someone correct me if I'm all wrong. I WANT to be wrong on this.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #16 
gmd1800

I know that feeling. I'm not going to encourage you to do or not to do anything, but please consider the following:

how is the quality of living for her? Is she in pain? What if her immunity is compromised because of this? Would you be willing to invest money and time to special accomodations for her (if necessary) if she survives?
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #17 
Punki

She seems scared when i walk away and happy when i approach, im not thinking pain but all of this effort to bend herself up for water is exhausting, i would set her up if i possibly could with what i have, i dont mind water changes and stuff but, shes working too hard... sigh
Old 05-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #18 
Sakura8

Can you lower the water until it just barely clears her back? Fellow posters, do you think that would help her breath or would it deplete the oxygen in the water too much?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:39 PM   #19 
Punki

Swim bladder disease has no cure? and if epsom salt hasnt helped in three days then...it wont? its been 2 full days, 48 hours, and shes calm at this very moment but any light or anything sends her back into that panic in the video.... can someone please tell me how to properly put her out of her misery? I cant get any clove oil or id be using that so the only other option i know of is to cut, but i want to be sure its right and fast. Sorry to ask for such directions but i may end up having to do this tonight. Though i desperately dont want to.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #20 
carzz

It's up to you as her parent. You know her, where as we do not. You would know in Your heart if it was truly the right thing to do.
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote