Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2011, 12:35 AM   #11 
Sakura8

Write as many paragraphs and share as many memories as you need to. We love reading them.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:42 AM   #12 
Punki

lol well thank you :) Tonight is lonely, the days are filled with my toddler and cooking and cleaning and the occasional glance over to her empty tank, but the night is quiet and her tank is within view of where i sit at the computer. The plant she had was a purplish color, at a quick glance i thought it was her tail, that was a moment that got me down.
Otherwise im dealing, my family has asked, well they all knew how proud of her i was, but when things got bad my mom backed out, not wanting to know if she died, so she still doesnt. My sister upset me a bit, she knows nothing of fish but she still manages to be pushy, saying epsom salt would dry her out and suffocate her and that is why she was so sick.. So i was left defending myself and explaining over and over. When she asked how she was this morning i just told her that i ended the misery and she wanted details then completely stopped talking to me, as if disgusted. At least i have the support here with what i did. I know im not heartless like my sister seemed to think, its just not the best time to act like that regardless.
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:53 AM   #13 
Sakura8

It's strange but when it comes to pets, sometimes the most insensitive people are our family members. When I lost my cat to a sudden stroke, I was devastated. She had been my constant companion while I went through a long bout with anxiety and depression and not having her by my side was excruciating. And the next day, my dad asked me, "So, are you still down about Nani?" I could have smacked him! So it's sad your sister is being extra pushy about something she doesn't know a thing about. You shouldn't have to defend your actions to anyone, especially family. But even if your family members don't understand, rest assured all the people on the forum know you did your very best and most importantly, Coraline knew.

When you wrote about how she looked up at you in her little cup I got so teary-eyed. Until I started keeping bettas, I never knew fish could have so much personality and seem so intelligent. People who don't know fish just see them swimming around all day doing nothing, but we know better.

I know I speak (er, write) for everyone when I say you can feel free to post here or PM any time you need to talk about Coraline. Thanks to you, so many people got to know the fighting spirit and personality of a beautiful fish.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
It's strange but when it comes to pets, sometimes the most insensitive people are our family members. When I lost my cat to a sudden stroke, I was devastated. She had been my constant companion while I went through a long bout with anxiety and depression and not having her by my side was excruciating. And the next day, my dad asked me, "So, are you still down about Nani?" I could have smacked him! So it's sad your sister is being extra pushy about something she doesn't know a thing about. You shouldn't have to defend your actions to anyone, especially family. But even if your family members don't understand, rest assured all the people on the forum know you did your very best and most importantly, Coraline knew.

When you wrote about how she looked up at you in her little cup I got so teary-eyed. Until I started keeping bettas, I never knew fish could have so much personality and seem so intelligent. People who don't know fish just see them swimming around all day doing nothing, but we know better.

I know I speak (er, write) for everyone when I say you can feel free to post here or PM any time you need to talk about Coraline. Thanks to you, so many people got to know the fighting spirit and personality of a beautiful fish.
Well said. We understand and we're here to support you. I'm so sorry about Coraline. She was very special and lucky to have such a wonderful home.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #15 
Punki

Thank you. Her little plants she was buried in are starting to sprout so i think of her everyday when i go water her plants. She was a fun little girl, very happy until she got sick. Im glad she could get that much at least :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sure she would appreciate the beautiful flowers you planted in her memory.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote