Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #111 
gmd1800

^ Totally not how I met my boyfriend, hahah.

I was at Tiger Walk, heading to convocation which is this big fancy thing for freshmen. I had to sit through convocation this past fall for my residents and it was the EXACT SAME THING as my convocation. Word for word. Bluh.

Anyway, I was walking and saw Joe, which I knew vaguely from Facebook, but I thought he was a dumb jock. Since he was the only person I really knew there in my group, we started chatting. And the rest is history.

But that's a very clever way of meeting people. =)
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #112 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

The power of the carts should be used for good, not for evil! :D
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #113 
Tisia

with great cart power comes great cart responsibility? lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #114 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
Cart power! It's true! I won't get out of anyone's way now. I've had very pushy ladies coming at me and I just know they're trying to nudge me. They get all crazy behind the wheel of a cart. You can see it in their eyes. Cart devil!!

One lady looked right at me and then left her cart in the supermarket doorway while she got a wipe out of the bin to clean the handle. I had to push her cart to the side to get by. And then she glared at me. I wasn't gonna just stand there waiting behind her while she cleaned her cart handle. She could have pulled to the side instead of stopping right in the sliding doorway. I was kinda hoping it would shut and her cart would get stuck. Darn those safety mechanisms!!!
DANG IT!... She wanted to get to the first box of cereal and the redbox first...raaawr...

Shopping is serious business....

I need to start shopping with a cart I guess....No more hand held basket for me when i'm out clothing shopping! I'm short...I have to look tough with my cart...

One time I was at the supermarket...And I actually had a cart this time...Not only a cart...But I had one of those "race car" carts...because my nephew was sitting in it...and I dunno if you guys have ever had to steer those things...but once you're stopped...They're a real pain to get going again...I had this elderly guy actually run with his cart to get in front of me while I was walking to get in the line.....I laughed...It was so silly...people are so silly.. and goofy at supermarkets...
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #115 
AngelicScars

Shopping carts skeeve me out. I don't like touching them unless I absolutely have to, otherwise the person I'm with has to push it. lol!
People at stores are a bit nutty. I've been pushed aside while fully pregnant before. I've also stood somewhere waiting on someone to move/move their cart so I could get by while fully pregnant. It's irritating. If it weren't for DH I would have said something or moved their cart out of my way.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #116 
vaygirl

LOL! Cart power and cart responsibility. LOL! Shopping can be stressful as it is. I think we all get a little loony in there. Too much to take in, too much to think about. I get all starry eyed and doofy!

I've never thought of tapping a hot guy but then I've been with Steve for 17 years. He's all I see. :)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #117 
dramaqueen
Banned

We have senior day at Kroger once a month. We don't go on those days because some of those old people will run you over with their scooters. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #118 
vaygirl

They scare me! I ALWAYS get outta their way. I mean, they're my elders and so I would anyhow but I've seen them tooling around the store with that maniacal look.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #119 
Dragonlady

Why do I keep procrastinating going to the grocery store? I need to get more of those yummy Carb Balance burrito shells. They have lots of fiber.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #120 
dramaqueen
Banned

They need to put speed limits on those scooters. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote