Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #141 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Fishy Fishy Fishy View Post
*thinking about Johnny Depp playing Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music*

Actually, I think I'd like to see that, lol...
lmao, I think if any male could do it, he could!
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #142 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

As far as I can tell, the boat/tunnel scene was a simulation of a bad LSD trip...

The original movie pitted imagination against drugs, kindness against selfishness, real love against the things money can buy, etc. A real cautionary tale that children could understand, with consequences for actions.

The JD verision was different... almost felt I was gaining a window into the ecentricities of a Micheal Jackson-like character. Some fine puns in the JD version... and the oompa lumpa scenes were funny.
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #143 
laughing

Tisia, I must agree. Johnny's wasn't bad, it had its funny moments, but having grow up with the book and the original.... can't compare!

I agree with Here Fishy as well. That tunnel scene was like a bad LSD trip! What was that?? I think the original had much more meaning towards family, obedience, selflessness, giving, imagination, etc. It had so many wonderful valid and song selections.

I really think the whole mike I had taken some bad shrooms or something.... it was freaky....o.O
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #144 
1fish2fish

I can't watch the Johnny Depp version. His character gives me nightmares... seriously he's the image I've always had in my mind of what a pedophile would be/act like when my Mom always cautioned us not to talk to strangers, etc. when we were little.

I love the original Willy Wonka... one of my favorite movies actually.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #145 
vaygirl

Sometimes my high school ex posts inappropriate stuff on my FB page. Today he just posted something that annoyed me. But it reminded me that I used to think the sun rose and set with him and now I'd like to smack him over the head with a frying pan. Repeatedly.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #146 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

vaygirl,

Once he finds some other girl to pester, he'll be out of your hair. I have found this to be true with x-boyfriends and x-husbands. I had a fiance once who was a stalker after I broke up with him. He was the exception to the rule.
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #147 
laughing

12fish, we have the same imagery!! Haha!!!

Anyways, I think guys always annoy you, but while together it doesn't quite bug you so much because you love/lust them... Like my man I feel like smacking him over the head but then think "awe shucks you're so cute!" and instead give him a smooch! Hehe C:
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #148 
vaygirl

I should have specified what I meant by inappropriate. He talks about things I did in High School that I'd rather not let my family know about. I was a wild girl, lets just leave it at that.

He's totally gay now. Came out of the closet maybe 4 years after we graduated. So there's none of those comments going on, more like a girlfriend who knows all your secrets and just posts stuff without thinking. Yeah, I was that girl once but I'm not that girl now and I'd rather not blab all over FB that I was. At least not now that certain family members have been friended. :/ I've actually had to remove my own posts to shut him up.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #149 
LolaQuigs

I have a friend like that; she and her family are extremely open, whereas I am not open at all with my family when it comes to personal things. She's said some cringe-inducing stuff around my parents. I know she doesn't mean to embarrass me or anything, she just doesn't realize. All I can say is I am soooo glad the only family members I'm friends with on facebook are my brother and a couple cousins....
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #150 
vaygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
I have a friend like that; she and her family are extremely open, whereas I am not open at all with my family when it comes to personal things. She's said some cringe-inducing stuff around my parents. I know she doesn't mean to embarrass me or anything, she just doesn't realize. All I can say is I am soooo glad the only family members I'm friends with on facebook are my brother and a couple cousins....
You're so lucky!

Yeah, it's kinda like that. He should know better. I can't even repeat what he pm'ed to me when I put up my memorial for my Dad. Something my Dad told him that involved my Mom and a bedroom. I said to my husband "What the hell is the matter with him?" and then I remembered that you never see a picture of him without a beer in his hand. Nuff said.