betta fish

Old 06-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #161 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #162 
LolaQuigs

The problem with facebook is that you can't control what your friends post about you. I try to keep my page relatively clean and profanity-free because of the few relatives I am friends with, and because of potential repercussions from future employers...but friends post crazy things on my wall, tag me in wild pictures (often ones that I'm not even in!), post pictures of me on rare occasions when I've had too much to drink....I try to delete posts and untag myself from photos that make me look unprofessional, but it's kind of scary knowing that, even though I'm no longer tagged, those photos of me are still floating around out there on the internet....
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #163 
laughing

Bwahahaha! Awessome.

Lola, totally agree. Some things I have done are just embarassing and I do not want employers, relatives, new friends, etc. seeing my "crazy" side. I hate how anyone can post anything on the internet... I feel if they tag you, you should have to approve the tag first!

I have had friends post WAY inappropriate stuff on my wall about previous jokes taken completely out of contex... I had to think constantly about what to post and it was stressing me out. So church members, gone! Family, gone! Now it is blocked and only the people I want to see it can. So now I will slip in a few curse words ;)

Also, I just got a Droid, and they have the FB post thing where it is constant feed. Within 30 seconds I had 100+ posts.... >.< So I completely purged my FB friends. I only kept the ones I never talked to if they had funny posts that always made me chuckle! I used to have nearly 300, now I'm at 100. AND HAPPY! <3
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #164 
Tisia

my fb is so locked down for non-friends. my ex mom in law tried to add me to her friends (before the ex part came about), I just told her I never went on fb which is why she never got approved. which was almost the truth, I rarely use it, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #165 
LolaQuigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
Bwahahaha! Awessome.

Lola, totally agree. Some things I have done are just embarassing and I do not want employers, relatives, new friends, etc. seeing my "crazy" side. I hate how anyone can post anything on the internet... I feel if they tag you, you should have to approve the tag first!
That is a fantastic idea! Whenever we go out and someone inevitably pulls out their camera I always say, "You can post the pictures to facebook, but don't tag me; let me look at them and tag myself!" They listen about half the time. We're going out tonight for my birthday, I'm sure tomorrow I'll log on to facebook and see myself looking like a complete idiot.

I also have pretty strict privacy settings. Only friends can see part of my profile, and only certain friends can see the full profile. Strangers can search for me, see my profile pic, and send a friend request, but that's it. I even have my friends organized into groups and select which groups I want to see which status updates. But I'm still paranoid that someone will find a way around the privacy settings and see stuff I don't need anyone to see!
Old 06-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #166 
laughing

Well sometimes I want to say something like me going to the hookah bar, or my man spending the night, etc. But my family is sooo religious (LDS -.-) that if that ever showed up ANYWHERE I would be murdered. Almost literally. So I feel like I have to message friends individually about that stuff... I'm a paranoid person. o.O

And ya, I have that problem.. I will say, "HECK YES I WILL TAKE A PICTURE?!>!>!>!" and get all excited and look totally stupid thinking we're the only ones that will ever see it and whoops! Ends up on facebook some way somehow...
Old 06-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #167 
LolaQuigs

It's so funny you mention hookah bars, that is actually the example that came to my mind when I was thinking of pictures of me I don't really want the world to see. My family, while not religious, is very straight-laced, so I definitely don't want them seeing pictures of me smoking anything. I had to rush to untag a bunch of pictures of myself at a hookah bar last summer so my brother wouldn't see them.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #168 
vaygirl

I think maybe I'll have to block him if he keeps it up. I'm awful glad I'm not the only one with this dilemma. This is what happens when your past catches up with you! And in Lola's case the possible future. :P
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #169 
laughing

Lola- the worst is MANY people (esp Americans/Canadians) really have no idea what it is... so someone sees you smoking and just assumes it is weed/cigarette stuff and have no idea the very minimal tobacco/nicotine in it and that it is mostly water vapor. So a LOT of crap comes with it... I mean cops barely know the stuff in my area o.O we have considered making pamphlets because neighbors have called cops on us for 'smoking weed'. -.-
Old 06-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #170 
vaygirl

I live in a town with a street that's referred to as "Little India" (is true, google Edison NJ little india) so we actually have a couple hooka bars here. I've never been to one but there's one less then 5 blocks from here. We have huge diversity here in Edison. We have the best Asian markets here too.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote