Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #181 
1fish2fish

Ouch! I hate getting shocked :(
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:12 AM   #182 
bahamut285

Query: What are people's views on how to dress? There is a ...demonstration at my university saying that it is unfair how women are judged by what they wear (i.e. scantily clothes == hooker). Basically the are saying that they should be able to wear whatever they want without...judgemental repercussions.

I'm actually avoiding that part of the student centre because they kind of freak me out ;__;...I kind of want to know their opinions in a more peaceful manner instead of them coming up to me 3 at a time with flyers and stuff T____T
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:16 AM   #183 
PewPewPew

Ugh, I hate that. Its like, no.

Leave me alone. I may go to school in the same place as you, but Im not at the event for a reason. No harassing me with flyers, pls -__-
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:45 AM   #184 
vaygirl

If everyone's entitled to dress as they like then I'm just as entitled to think what I want about it. So, if your butt's hangin out of your shorts and your shirt is cut down to your navel, imma think you're clearly advertising your desire to be looked at/leered at for your physical attributes. You shouldn't then get upset because people do that and form judgements. Put some clothes on!

I think I've finally turned into an old biddy!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:46 AM   #185 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
If everyone's entitled to dress as they like then I'm just as entitled to think what I want about it.
I...I....Please marry me ;A; *OPENS RING*

*shot*
Old 06-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #186 
1fish2fish

I try never to judge others. Remember that everyone you form an opionion of is also forming an opinion of you based on their own cultural perspective.

That said you have to follow the norms of the culture you live in if you don't want to be judged. If your ok with people looking at you because of the way you dress more power to ya.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #187 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I'm glad Vaygirl is continuing to post after her shocking experiance!!! :O

I've never been to interested in FB, since I know how to build websites. My kids love it, and I've tolerated have a page so they can have their fun with me.

It does make it easier for people to find you... and that's good and bad. I don't want certain people to find me... like my violent first husband or the stalker I mentioned a while back (yes, mistakes you make when you are young can haunt you for the rest of your life).

The more I think about it, the more I want to protect myself and my daughters.
I'm yanking that FB page down...
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #188 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
If everyone's entitled to dress as they like then I'm just as entitled to think what I want about it. So, if your butt's hangin out of your shorts and your shirt is cut down to your navel, imma think you're clearly advertising your desire to be looked at/leered at for your physical attributes. You shouldn't then get upset because people do that and form judgements. Put some clothes on!

I think I've finally turned into an old biddy!

+1
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #189 
vaygirl

I try not to judge but sometimes I'm not successful. I was teased a lot when I was younger, so I do have sensitivity. While I might think what I want, I'd certainly never say it or even write anything derogatory about someone else. That's hurtful. Still! Put some clothes on!

I'm okay today. I'm not positive I got shocked. I only know after it happened the tip of my finger was burning, and then my whole hand got sore and then my arm kinda felt like I'd over exerted it? You know like when you've worked out to exhaustion? It still burns, feels kinda numb today but I think I'll live!

And I am already married! :P
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #190 
bahamut285

Stereotyping is a mental reflex that humans do naturally. We cannot stop that. All trucks are vehicles but not all vehicles are trucks, etc.

The real problem is discriminating :P...I believe I got near-banned with this stupidly sensitive topic so I'mma drop that like it's hot