Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #471 
metalbetta

1fish, I just go to planned parenthood. If you don't have insurance they work on a sliding fee scale, due to that and my low income, my last visit was free. They have volunteer Dr's and nurses, so it's not like you're getting the best help ever, but they get the job done.
I'm on BC, and I sometimes get cramps and "spot" through my cycle. I'm pretty sure I've got a small cyst though. I've had it for a while. Hopefully being back on BC will help. I'd like to get it checked out soon, but I'm not too worried, I'm no doctor but the pain has lessened significantly since I first noticed it. Some benign ones stick around longer than others... What really pisses me off is at P.P. they changed the age of regular pap smears to 21 instead of 18... So the doctor wouldn't even do that the last time I was in. You're SUPPOSED to start getting them as soon as you become sexually active. Not just 21.

Last edited by metalbetta; 07-04-2011 at 08:50 PM.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #472 
AngelicScars

BC has been the best thing for my cycles. Just sayin'
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:00 PM   #473 
metalbetta

My "weeks" still suck, but not nearly as bad as it used to be. I used to cramp so bad I couldn't get up or be productive in any way.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #474 
dramaqueen
Banned

I had a roommate who was having irregular cycles and her doctor put her on BC. She was outraged. lol She said "I can't believe he did that! I'm not messing around with anyone!" I told her that they sometimes put women on BC to help them to have more regular cycles.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #475 
Tisia

yeah, part of the reason I first went on BC was due to some pretty bad cramps. I've thrown up they were so bad before. the cramps were still bad after, but I haven't vomited because of them in several years, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #476 
AngelicScars

Yeah, I'm on BC JUST for my cycles. My hubby had a vasectomy so we're good. LOL!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #477 
Neil D

I'm unsubscribing. NOW!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #478 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
I'm unsubscribing. NOW!

Back to the baby lounge with you.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #479 
metalbetta

Grown ups only! In body and mind! :)
Old 07-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #480 
laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
BC has been the best thing for my cycles. Just sayin'
AMEN!

I started it like at age 11 and people ALWAYS thought I was sexually active and I am all errmmm I am 11? 0_o It cleared my PMDD, my cycles are much more shortened, and best of all, it doesnt look like a murder scene anymore! LOL ;)

Oddly enough, I can only be on Yaz because everything else gives me bad side-effects. This is the only one I am actually tolerable to live with...

Hubby says, "You have generic?! We need go call the insurance company ASAP!! This is NOT OKAY!!!"

Oh geez, the joys of womanhood...

UPDATE;
I guess the surgeon cut through my cheek to get to my upper gum (according to a DIFFERENT surgeon) and it is not infected, but scabbing over, and that is all the white stuff. I still cannot chew or close my mouth because the swelling was so huge I would accidentily bite down on it so my cheek is deformed, gotta wait til it heals... ;/ But I am also off Benadryl, I am slowly spacing my pain meds farther apart, and my swelling is nearly gone!! *applause* Although on my right side (the problematic one) there is a solid mass in my cheek, which I need to get checked, and it is still painful which I suspect is the hole in my cheek.

I am all good guys, and finally able to function normally again, except for chewing food. YAY!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote