Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #491 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Laffs...this is what I gave my hubby for his 40th birthday......laffs.....well...it was the day before his birthday...but he got it anyway...lol....I did wrap the ice pack......and babied him for a day or so.....lol.....
He had his around his b-day! He did get babied too for a couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
Hahahahahahah!

I don't know if mine every well, and I'm okay with that. Well, for now... I just feel kind of bad for them, like part of their manhood is being taken away, and they're not always effective either... I am very into reproduction (most likely going to get masters as a veterinarian and major in equine reproduction) and the vasectomy is used often in zoo animals, and I just feel bad for 'em. And then thinking of casteration by tying a rubber band around 'em.. *shudder* It's given me a much different thinking on it compared to most humans because I have studied, watched, seen procedures done, etc on animals.

I know I might change my mind though if we want to stop having kids, but I will be on BC the rest of my life, so who knows yet??

I had date night tonight with my guy... Last night we went with his family (well mom & younger brother) to Applebees, and he couldn't decide on which dish to get out of 2, and he ordered one, regretted it, and then asked me to come with him tonight to get the other one, LOL! He says we'll keep coming back until he eats one he likes. But his friend at work offered him up for a double shift, so at least he gets paid over time, but now we're having a much later dinner, and I don't get to see him for awhile longer.. *sigh*

I hate it when real life steps in!!
Okay for one, they don't lose any "manhood" all they do is clip the Vas deferens. They still have testicles and semen, just no sperm. Hell, he didn't even need stitches. I didn't/don't pity him one bit because I carried and birthed two of his kids. I got sick with the first and my kidneys and liver were failing. I had 2 c-sections where they take out my insides and take the baby out then tuck everything back in a staple me closed. I also had a 6 week healing time and he had 2 days. I think I got it a little worse.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #492 
laughing

Oh no, I know the procedure well! I just feel bad, because even if I were to get my tubes tied perhaps, and not lose body parts, I would feel less "woman". I know very well all parts are still there, LOL! ;)

I have this opinion now, but don't know about 20 years from now... I've never been through pregnancy, had kids, etc. That's why I kept saying my opinion might change in the future, and if situation requires it, who knows?

I guess right now my view point is that I'd never want him to ask me to have tubes tied so I currently would feel cruel to ask him to get that procedure done. Also, because it is not 100% effective, I feel it is nearly pointless... Hmm. I don't know if it is because I am still a young adult, or if that's how I'll see it forever. I've found many friends in their 20s were against it, but once in their late 30s-40s and already had kids and such began to be all for it. We'll have to see how I turn out! Ha Ha!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #493 
AngelicScars

I wouldn't ask it of it without having kids first, no. I think it's fair enough with what I've gone through to ask him to. And honestly, it's safer for him to get that done then have a tubal. Oh, and it's RARE that a vasectomy fails. NOTHING is 100%, a tubal has a risk of ectopic pregnancy too, scary stuff.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #494 
vaygirl

I started Weight Watchers today! Goddess, give me strength!!! :P
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #495 
Shimizoki

Best of luck Vaygirl, if I may ask are you hoping to lose or maintain your weight? Also.. if losing how much do you hope to lose? (if its to personal just yell at me or something like that xD)
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #496 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good luck, Janine.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #497 
vaygirl

Nah, I'm full of disclosure. I have to lose about 70 now. I went on it three years ago and had to lose about 100. I lost 72 but then kinda went all lazy. 35 of it crept back over the last two years. So, I'm still 35 to the good starting out. If that makes sense? I'm doing their Simply Filling rather then Points, which is what I did originally (when it was called the Core Plan).

Edit - Thanks for the luck wishes. :)
Old 07-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #498 
Shimizoki

Very cool, losing 75 pounds the first time is tough... now that you have done it once though you know you "Can" do it. Mentally it will be a lot easier this time I would imagine.
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #499 
vaygirl

It feels easier. I woke up with the old "THAT IS IT!!!" attitude. I remember before I lost the weight, I had to go see my Mom in FL and I could hardly fit in a plane seat. I was probably about 250 at that point? I'm 5'1" so that's bigger for me then someone taller. When I finally started WW I was about 238.

When I got down to 160 I flew to see her again and I was so amazed that I fit in the seat. I kept wiggling around and grinning to myself. I need to recapture that feeling and hold it in my head. Right now I'm 203-ish. Still, like you said, I know it can be done. I shall do it! :)
Old 07-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #500 
laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
I started Weight Watchers today! Goddess, give me strength!!! :P
WHOOT WHOOT!!

My mom has done that, and had amazing success. Right now my hubby's grandma is on it and she just loves it. I love how the program is set up because you aren't forbidden from anything, and you get to decide what you want when you want it. It gives you more control, so you don't feel deprived. That's why I think it works so well!!

I'm happy you're wanting to get started on it again, losing weight is amazing! It has done wonders for everyone around me, and the happiness I see grow in them is worth it not just for health reasons but the confidence boost you get and how great you'll feel in life.

I am blessed with a very active metabolism, but I am really wanting to work out again. I'm thin, but no longer muscular, which is frustrating in my life. I ride English on horses, and it's the hardest thing I've ever done without my muscle... Compared to two years ago when I could post forever! I definitely can't wait for it to come back, I miss it!!

Ahh, so exciting for you!! (I get excited over stuff like this, if you can't tell...LOL!)
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote