Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #511 
vaygirl

Having a dog helped a lot with that. It was easier to be motivated with a basset hound looking at you like you held the world in your hands when you grabbed a leash. :P
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #512 
LolaQuigs

I need some serious advice! How do you politely reject people?

I hate dating and haven't done it in ages because the only guys who ever showed any interest were socially awkward losers who I wasn't interested in. My problem is, I have such a hard time saying no because I really don't want to be mean or hurt anybody's feelings. I ended up stringing a guy I wasn't into along for way too long a few years ago; I know doing that is so much worse than rejecting him initially, but I just can't bring myself to say no.

Anyway, it's been a while and I'm not getting any younger so I figured I'd give it another try, signed up for a dating site. Talked to this guy who I was kind of on the fence about but thought he might be ok. He asked me out, just going out as friends, I went, and it was pretty awkward. I figured he'd pick up on the awkwardness and that would be the end of things. But afterward he texted me saying he had a good time and asked if I'd like to go out again sometime. I still haven't replied because I don't know what to say. Anyone have any suggestions?
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #513 
laughing

I would just try and be polite and honest. Try and tell him you really enjoyed his company, but he is just not someone you can see a future with, and you would rather tell him now than string him along.

Guys actually take rejection well (most, that is!) as long as you are up-front, honest, and polite. They hate rejection when you are rude or be like, "Omg you're a fat loser, as if!"

I wouldn't bring in the "maybe we can be friends" bologna, though, because he might take you up on it, and that's the last thing you want, rejection twice!

He's on a dating site, he'll find others!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #514 
Shimizoki

The friends line would make me more upset cause its just so cheezy. The other option is try to go on one more, if the awkwardness is still there then reject. I'm pretty sure I would be on the first date with some internet person.
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #515 
laughing

I think it's offensive to them, and then if they pursue it, it just gets a million times worse...
Old 07-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #516 
Shimizoki

Then again... I might not be any good for dating advice. I'm still with my Highschool sweetheart for 4.5 years. I don't know anything about real world dating.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #517 
laughing

I've never broke up with someone, I've been with one guy only, and he's the man I'm marrying, I just know from experience with how it's happened with friends/relatives. :S
Old 07-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #518 
Shimizoki

Oh and if you feel bad breaking up with him... remember you will feel even worse if you string him on. Knowing that doing it now is the best and least painful thing should help you to do it.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #519 
bahamut285

Anybody have any tips for putting on maybe 2-4kg? (5-10ish lbs) I'm a little on the stickly side and it seems impossible for me to gain weight. I kinda want to fill out a little.

I honestly think I start metabolising food while it's going down my esophagus -_-

Current lifestyle:
- Sedentary (lmfao)
Eating habits:
- I can polish a box of chocolate chip cookies in two sittings, I eat a carby foods (pastas/bread), junk food (fast food/finger food).
I also eat curry, casseroles, ice cream, AYCE sushi, AYCE Korean BBQ.
- I use whipping cream 30% (liquid form) to make food and sometimes throw some into my tea
- I drink homo milk regularly (anything less tastes like water...)
- I have a chocolate/health drink mix that I mix with the homo milk regularly

I'm seriously at a loss...I get really mad when my doctor constantly asks me if I have an eating disorder (anorexia/bulimia) :(
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #520 
Shimizoki

How often do you eat? people that snack all through the day often times have a faster metabolism and will lose wait. if you only eat twice a day or 3 times then you can start drinking sodas... one of those a day will add a bit more.

My aunt has the same issue, she keeps a bag of dove chocolates in the fridge... everytime she walks by she has one. She has put on a about 20 pounds that way... but she is still soooo thin.