Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimizoki View Post
Hey lola, welcome back.
Thanks! :D
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:22 AM   #532 
laughing

Bahamut-

Metabolism is very tricky. Try and eat something very small and light for breakfast to hold you over, not a real meal. DO NOT SNACK! Eat 3 meals a day, breakfast and lunch being light, dinner stuffing yourself full of carbs & proteins. This will "over load" your system, and force you to put on weight. By saving all of your eating for dinner, you then sleep, and you're not working it off, nor is your metabolism working, so you begin to store it.

Please do not stuff yourself with junk food, sodas, fatty foods just to gain weight. You may have a "figure", but you will not be healthy in any sort of way, and you will become sick.

If you really are that scary skinny, please consult a doctor and ask for some medication to slow down your thyroid. These are very common and FDA approved and all that jazz because people have hypothyroid problems all the time! You may want to get blood work done to make sure you don't actually have this problem. If you do, you might get worse symtoms than just being scar skinny!

I wish you the best of luck!!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:23 AM   #533 
laughing

Lola- I am very lucky and blessed!! I don't take it for granted at all. I went through high school with friends bouncing from guy to guy, crying from heart break, going through depressive swings... I never wanted that, and I have been extremely extremely blessed to not have! I would not trade the life I have for a darn thing.

I'm a lifer-wifer! :D
Old 07-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #534 
Shimizoki

I was lucky...
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #535 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
Bahamut-

Metabolism is very tricky. Try and eat something very small and light for breakfast to hold you over, not a real meal. DO NOT SNACK! Eat 3 meals a day, breakfast and lunch being light, dinner stuffing yourself full of carbs & proteins. This will "over load" your system, and force you to put on weight. By saving all of your eating for dinner, you then sleep, and you're not working it off, nor is your metabolism working, so you begin to store it.

Please do not stuff yourself with junk food, sodas, fatty foods just to gain weight. You may have a "figure", but you will not be healthy in any sort of way, and you will become sick.

If you really are that scary skinny, please consult a doctor and ask for some medication to slow down your thyroid. These are very common and FDA approved and all that jazz because people have hypothyroid problems all the time! You may want to get blood work done to make sure you don't actually have this problem. If you do, you might get worse symtoms than just being scar skinny!

I wish you the best of luck!!
Eating late causing you to gain weight is a myth. Sorry.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:51 PM   #536 
laughing

It isn't a myth at all. If you eat regularly throughout the day it keeps your metabolism working constantly and you are continually breaking down your food rather storing it. Eating later in the day (or whenever you're not active) works better because activity keeps metabolism running as well, so if she is working/running errands all day, it will kick-start her metabolism up and she will not store any of it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/betteru37.htm

Eating continually healthy, low calorie/protein/fatty foods is going to make you lose weight, and you'll never store it. But as the article suggests, instead of fast food, eat very high protein/carbs snacks regularly (perhaps high protein bars) and you'll begin to store that. You don't want meals constantly and snacking in between or your metabolism will run so high especially with her, she won't get anywhere.

Waiting to eat just before sleeping (day or night) or when you're just "veggin out" will allow your body to store it. When you eat, your body automatically begins to break down what you're eating to use for energy, and then you store the extra you didn't use. So if you eat, then go out shopping, you're going to begin to use that meal, and you won't store it at all, especially if it was a small meal. But, if you eat and have very minimal activity for awhile after (hours) then your body goes, "Oh! Don't need it!" and will barely use the energy from that meal and will begin to break it down and store it into your fat reseres.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #537 
AngelicScars

Quote:
You will often find proponents of broscience clinging to the notion that carbs somehow become more fattening after 6 P.M. This is nonsense of course.
http://www.leangains.com/2011/06/is-...r-for-fat.html
Old 07-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #538 
laughing

Oh, no! I'm not talking about after a certain time you suddenly magically start storing your food into fat, LOL! I'm saying if you eat when you're about to sleep or minimal activity. That's just nutty. I've never even heard of something like that!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #539 
AngelicScars

It's the same thing, most people wind down around 6pm.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #540 
1fish2fish

I think I'm going to start cleaning my kitchen every night before bed. There's something zen about having all the dishes done and the counters and sink clean. I'm bad about putting dishes off and having stuff all over the counters (any flat surface really) and I usually end up having to spend an entire day cleaning the house because it gets so bad. So I'm gonna try keeping everything clean and see if that makes it easier and less stressful.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote