Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2011, 12:17 AM   #571 
tsoto80

Oh that horrible Angelic! I could never imagine the pain they must be feeling.
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #572 
laughing

I can totally understand that. No one expects someone her age to pass, she's so young!

I think I'd be so shocked, I wouldn't believe it, and wouldn't come to terms with it for a day or two, then I'd freak out...
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:19 AM   #573 
1fish2fish

I lost a nephew when he was quite young. Its never easy when a child dies. My nephew had a congenital heart defct and died as a result of complication during a proceedure so with him it was a little more expected and the family was a little more prepared but it was still one of the worst days of my life.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #574 
laughing

No matter what it is extremely hard...

I've never experienced death in my own family. I have no idea how I'd react to something like that.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #575 
dramaqueen
Banned

I lost my brother 17 years ago and my dad 4 years before that.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #576 
AngelicScars

Great, now my dog has started snapping at my youngest son. I've had her for 6 months, why would this personality trait show up now? We are going to have to rehome her.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #577 
Shimizoki

Is it possible that the son did something to the dog when you werent looking? I dont know how old your youngest is, but the same thing happened to my neighbor and its because their toddler was pulling the dogs ears.
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #578 
Oldfishlady

Even if it was the kid that did something....it can end badly for the kid.....nothing like having a half eaten child or badly mauled child brought into my ER with the parents or the dog owner stating that the dog never bit anyone or acted mean.....the first bite with some breeds can be deadly or leave horrid scars for life.....is the dog worth it......sorry for the rant....but when you have dead/dying children thrown in your arm after a dog bite/attack or have to tell the parent the child died...you tend to not be on the dogs side...even when you love dogs......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #579 
Shimizoki

Sorry OFL, I was mearly implying that it may not be a personality disorder and something that can be easily remedied if the child is taught boundaries. I would first look into if there is something that can be fixed. As someone else just mentioned, pets are not disposable...

If however you find that the child is not instigating the agression, and the dog cannot be trained, THEN should you rehome it.

However its hard to understand what is meant by "now my dog has started snapping at my youngest son", I may be taking it lighter than it actually is. A large dog + small child? I just don't know all the details.
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #580 
Oldfishlady

Pets shouldn't be viewed as disposable, however, human life and health is much more valuable IMO and with some breeds of dogs they shouldn't be given a second or first chance to injury a child......not matter what......animals/dogs don't have the thought process or reasoning and act/react on instinct...fight or flight......

I have seen some ugly things in my field of practice over the years and if you had seen all that I have seen you would understand...when I have quick reaction to dogs and children.......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote