Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #61 
1fish2fish

I'm 20... going on 78 with all the stress I've been dealing with lately... I'm convinced I'm going to drop dead of a heart attack or a brain tumor any day now.

I'm going to school full time (Pre-Speech Pathology) plus I work nearly full time (33-36 hours a week). I work at a coffee shop inside of a grocery store.

I will not be having kids unless someone gives me a sneak lobotomy. I love babies and kids but I just do not want to deal with them for the rest of my life. I do however want to work with them. Lately I've been thinking of specilizing in infants with swallowing issues so I can work almost solely with little babies and very young children.

I have plenty of nieces and nephews I can dote on and leave all my crap to in my will. Dogs are my kids. Bella is the closest thing I've ever experienced to how I feel having a child would be. The fact that she's going in for surgery tomorrow scares the living daylights out of me. The thought of losing her induces panic attacks. Everything I do is in pursuit of bettering myself and also giving my animals the best life they can be. When my animals do well I do well.... I kinda think that's how it is with kids, except when Bella gets on my nerves she can have quiet time in her crate without CPS getting called on me.

If I ever did go insane and want to have kids I would probably adopt for 2 fold reasons. One because there is so much bad genetics in my family I feel it's not right to subject a child to that. Two because I know there are tons of kids out there who are in craptastic homes with abusive parents (like I was) who deserve a better life.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #62 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1800 View Post
Knitting! It's pretty awesome, right?
If that's what you want to call it....
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #63 
dramaqueen
Banned

Age is mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #64 
gmd1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
If that's what you want to call it....
xD

I've been been thinking about how fast things seem to be. It feels like yesterday I turned 19 and walked into my own surprise party. Now I'm nearly 20 and a senior in college, then I'm graduating next November (2013).

Then comes work for about six months before I move to Ohio, live there and work there for a year then start going to Ohio State for graduate school.

Then I'll be on my own. It feels weird, like I'm sitting on the edge of the nest about to fly off for the first time.
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #65 
Burd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1800 View Post
xD

I've been been thinking about how fast things seem to be. It feels like yesterday I turned 19 and walked into my own surprise party. Now I'm nearly 20 and a senior in college, then I'm graduating next November (2013).

Then comes work for about six months before I move to Ohio, live there and work there for a year then start going to Ohio State for graduate school.

Then I'll be on my own. It feels weird, like I'm sitting on the edge of the nest about to fly off for the first time.
It's been weird for me the past couple years. It seems like just yesterday my brother was a midget kindertot with a squeeky voice who played little league and went to elementary school. Suddenly, he's 21. Finished his AA. I'm 24 and getting married. Wait.. wat?

Where did all the time go?
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #66 
AngelicScars

When you have kids, time flies by WAY too fast. I swear as they get older it just keeps slipping away faster and faster. I can't believe my oldest is starting school this year.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #67 
dramaqueen
Banned

Before you know it, they'll be graduating from highschool.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #68 
laughing

I think 'age' is a number and 'adult' is an attitude...

I have been an 'adult' in my house since age 7. I grew into an adult about age 14, I gained a much better perspective and control of myself by age 15. I never had the opportunity to act 'childish', 'immature', or like a kid. I had to grow up.

I barely get along with other teens my age because I feel they are so spoiled, sheltered, immature, etc. You can like sesame street and Pokemon and still be mature. There is an immense difference attitude and vision wise between immaturity and maturity.

Ahh well, some of my best friends are in their 30s! Love those girls!

I've never been carded going in anywhere... I am not a drinker or smoker simply because I feel it is a waste of health and my precious time, but I do like to hang out and go out places of 18+. According to my guy friends, I am 'hot' and they're not going to kick me out cuz I 'add to the place', HAHA! Anyways, im too young to drink, and I am not willing to risk getting arrested over something I am not into anyways!!

As for kids... yes, much farther in the future! After I receive my masters... or, ya know, after we get married and cannot stand the child cuteness anymore!! I adore kids, but I find parents to make their kids into brats. What ever happened to discipline and saying 'no'? :S I enjoy well behaved kids and mine definitely will be because I am NOT afraid to punish a child! And dogs are like little babies... they just can't talk back! ;)
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #69 
vaygirl

Jackie, I took care of other peoples kid my whole life. I think thats why I feel I don't need them. I worked in the infant room in daycare for 2 years, so I did the baby thing for way longer then most people get to! I loved it there. The babies were awesome! The politics, not so much.

Good luck to you and Bella tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you guys!

Time does speed up as you get older. I never understood why or how. When I was a kid, days were endless. The only thing I think changes is that we become clock watchers as we age and we have obligations and schedules. It speeds life up.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #70 
AngelicScars

Unfortunately, discipline or not, your kids with test their boundaries and boy will they! I agree though, a lot of parents let their kids do whatever they want, and I don't play that. My kids aren't perfect either, and they still need some learning, but they will get there.